Montreal - Night

Ashok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please let me know what you think about this picture. Thanks.

12june1.jpg

Is it a first attempt at nighttime photography?
If so, then this is quite good!
Do you work with a tripod, or did you have to rest the camera somewhere, some railings or so, for support?
If you have a tripod, next time you might try to work with a smaller aperture and longer opening times. Brings out the lights more like stars than like bright blobs.

thanks for viewing my threads guys.

@ la foto ... its not my first attempt, I tried it one time from the roof top of a 20th story building, it was a complete disater.. I did not know which settings to use :cry:

I think I got a okay setting on this one. So its my first attempt with proper setting :D

unfortunately I do not know how to change shutter speed or aparature on my camera.. i don't even know if I have that option, I use Powershot A520 (Canon)

I did not use a tripod, I usually bring my camera when I go out for fun with my friends and don't bother dragging tripods around, I used a railing to take this picture.

I'm just realising that this is a cityscape, so it is more "at home" in the General Gallery than the Landscape and Nature Gallery, from where I have moved it, ok?
And a tripod would be handy if you really want to go into nighttime photography - not the casual one that you have so far gone for. (Your result is quite remarkable for this being sort of a spur-of-the-moment pic, though!)

LaFoto said:
I'm just realising that this is a cityscape, so it is more "at home" in the General Gallery than the Landscape and Nature Gallery, from where I have moved it, ok?
And a tripod would be handy if you really want to go into nighttime photography - not the casual one that you have so far gone for. (Your result is quite remarkable for this being sort of a spur-of-the-moment pic, though!)

hey, thats fine, now that you moved it.. more traffic to my thread :cheers:

Actually, this spur-of-the-moment pics is one of the better ones out of the many i took :lol:

If there is a specific night that I am going just for picture, then I will bring a tripod, but I find it a hasle to take it out of the bag, set it up, and un assembley it... the problem with me is that I tend to take pictures of everything I like... so in a night time walk, I would set up tripod and un assemble it a good 25 times !

SantosD50 said:
Need contrast, colors seem flat!

I don't really know the technique of setting the correct contrast...

I use photoshop to set the contrast by eye.

ps: Its 12:01 in Montreal... I just turned 19 !!! :mrgreen:

Hey, sounds like someone has a birthday then!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ashok.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back