Montreal: Things to see/do?

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm headed to Montreal for two nights at the end of the month with my girlfriend. Anyone have advice on what to see/do?

Or of spots to shoot sunrise? I'll be sneaking out both mornings to shoot the sunrise while she sleeps in.

Hmm, I have only driven through Montreal ... they have really cool looking old steel bridges, though I don't think that is what you are asking for.

Hmm, I have only driven through Montreal ... they have really cool looking old steel bridges, though I don't think that is what you are asking for.

Anything helps!

Okay, let me offer the caveat that it's been about 4 years since I was going to and from Montreal regularly. And I've never been there in November--it was always winter or summer, never the Fall for some reason. That said, here are some things to shoot/do.

1. Mount Royal may still have some spectacular foliage (I think it will have all dropped by the time you're there but again, I've not been there in the Fall). The Chalet here is also a good place for the sunrise.

2. Montreal's Gay Village is quite an experience. Go see a drag show at someplace like Cabaret Made or Club Unity. Take pictures of performers.

3. Get poutine, preferably at La Banquise.

4. Catch a Habs (ie: Canadians game--hockey) at the Bell Center. It's not just hockey, it's a cultural thing.

5. Hang out in Old Montreal.

6. Visit the Botanical Gardens. 10 large greenhouses, each with a different theme or biosphere.

7. St. Joseph's Oratory is the highest point in Montreal so likely a good place to catch a sunset.

8. The Notre Dame Basilica is spectacular inside.

9. The Jacques-Cartier bridge on the west side might also be a good place to shoot a sunset.

10. Great farmers' market (can't remember the name) and this is definitely a foodie capital if you're in to that.

Most reactions

Back