moon, eclipsed

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Here's a truly horrid shot, but it's about the best the Coolpix could do with it...

eclipse01.jpg

Somebody has to have managed something better than this!

I think it's great! A lunar eclipse, that's what that picture say's!
My camera sucks to much to have captures anything but a couple whitish pixils, it was really quite pathetic! :?
I really llike the way the moon has texture in your pic, I feel like I could reach out and touch it and feel all of those bumps!

Damn fine job as usual Jim!
I tried an eclipse about a year ago and the results were nowhere near this good.
Main problem I had was getting enough magnification and the camera has to be rock solid even on a tripod.

No eclipse on this side of the planet, but yesterday for the first time I actually got a shot of the moon that I was happy with. I've got the same issues that MrSid99 mentioned: maginification and keeping the dang camera steady.

Anyway, you might think the shot wasn't much, but that shot I mentioned above? Yours is better.

*sigh*

that really is a good shot. Nice color just too bad you didn't have a bigger zoom lens.

I have tried lunar shots in my area but there is always too much atmospheric haze.

Anyways I don't think it is horrid.

I pulled this up at work today on the PC to show it to someone & was baffled to find that it looks pretty good. On my Mac there's a ton of noise in the upper half & you can see the trees and powerlines in the middle & lower half.

It's just black & the moon on the PC. I tried to darken it on my Mac & it just looks worse. Weird!

Yeah, a Coolpix 4500 & doubler just doesn't cut it for moon shots at all. :cry:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back