"Moon Flare"

I must have done something right. Any image that evokes comments form "wow" and "awesome" to "tacky" and "terrible" has sure hit a nerve somewhere. I thought it was garish myself, but you never know what someone else will think until you throw it out there. Thanks for all the opinions.

Yes, you did something right. You blew the minds of amateur's that are inexperienced in photography. Almost every positive comment was posted by someone with less than 50 posts. While low post count doesn't always mean amateur photographer, it usually does.

I agree that it looks a little tacky and overdone. Your lens flare is actually behind the moon?? It's really too bad because without the huge flare and ugly border, it's a really great image.

NateS,

You have a point about low-post members being primarily amateur photographers; however, how does that account for someone like me. New to this forum? Yes. New to photography? Not hardly. I'm a professional photographer with over 40 years of experience. Does that make me any good? Not necessarily, but I do know which end of a lens to point at a subject and how to process a photograph using Photo Shop and other image processing programs. Can I produce technically correct digital photographs? Sure. Do I also know how to alter an image to produce something a little off beat? Yep. Is it great art? Only occasionally if I'm lucky, but I hope my efforts inspire some of those amateurs to think outside of the box and experiment with post processing just to see what they can come up with.

I hope you understand I'm not defending the image I posted or my meager talents if any exist. I'm simply saying every image posted on this forum is somebody's idea of a good picture. I only hope we can help guide those less experienced to experiment with their photography in order to achieve a higher level of artistic expression. Are we in agreement?

Craig

Craig[/quote] Are we in agreement?

WOW you have a wonderful way with your words! Being a complete newbie this sounds like some GREAT advice. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and yes, I am in complete agreement!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back