moon (inspired by randog)

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just took a look at randog's thread "shooting the moon" and wanted to have a go, i had a look outside and the moon was clear and full, so here it is. comments welcome

IMG_0217.jpg

Very nice - great exposure and very nice detail. I think that this is the first time one of my shots ever inspired anybody. What I think is pretty cool is that the moon is subject that we all can shoot and share no matter what part of the world we are in.

Here's my shot from tonight

moon.jpg

Looks like the same position as yours, even though I'm half a world away. Didn't come out quite as nice as the above, but managed to get some detail.

randog, thanks for inspiration, (and the cool comments) i suppose i never realised that there was a great subject so readilly available.
plastic spanner, thanks yes you just have to zoom right in on it to get any detail, i used a 300mm lense, and i did crop for detail.
fpereira, thats a great shot, and thanks for the comments.

Moon001.jpg

The Moon is a lot harder to shoot well than it looks.

This is my best ever taken with a Meade ETX 90 telescope from the backyard. 1250mm f13.8.

I won't share any of my sorry prior attempts.

LWW

ApolloModule001.jpg
Thanks Dalebe.

With all the Moon pics I thought I would throw in this one of an Apollo module that has orbited the Moon.

Taken at the USAF Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio....where Eagle's rest.

God bless our's in harm's way now.

LWW

wow cool stuff LWW! i would have thought that would have been top secret, maybe not good shot all the same, thanks for sharing!.

Great shots everyone. All of these are amazing.
This was my attempt from the roof of my house last night.

148_4846a.JPG

Sorry for posting it on this thread, but I thought I would keep all the moon shots in one thread.

no problem atall chiller, it's nice to see all of these great moon shots, and yours is no exception, good exposure, nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back