Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

Cleared up long enough for a few shots tonight :sexywink:

FullMoon.jpg

Cheers, Don

Great shot. How many pixels is this? Whenever I try, even with my 300mm, it just ends up a tiny moon in the shot, and when cropped like this the files size is small :confused:

Thanks for the comments :)

Great shot. How many pixels is this? Whenever I try, even with my 300mm, it just ends up a tiny moon in the shot, and when cropped like this the files size is small :confused:

The 50-200mm with the ec 14 gives a focal length of 283 mm X crop factor of 2 = the 35 mm equivalent of 566 mm. I assume you're shooting with a brand with a 1.4 or 1.5 crop factor? That would give you a rough focal length equivalent of ~ 450 mm.

Shooting in raw results in a file size of 8.18 MB and an image size of 3648 x 2736. Crop that to 800 x 618 and the file size is 192 kb.

Resized to 650 x 502 for the web :)

Cheers, Don

Hi Don

All those numbers are making me dizzy :confused:

I use a D50 with a Sigma - not very modern I know! 6MP seems ancient these days!

Hi Don

All those numbers are making me dizzy :confused:

I use a D50 with a Sigma - not very modern I know! 6MP seems ancient these days!

LOL

Not a darn thing wrong with 6 MP....

The main difference is the focal length, although your camera raw image is smaller at 3038 X 2012 pixels, you would need a longer lens or a teleconverter to get "as close" :)

Cheers, Don

Nicely done, Don. I was looking at that beautiful moon last night, but never seem to get a good pic of it.

What a great capture! The thing with moon shots is that you have to capture the fine details of the moon. And in your photo, you have managed to show it. Wonderful and sharp details you have especially for the craters. Way to go!

Most reactions

Back