Moon

that is cool. i got a pic of an eclips with a nikon CP 995 cause the lens was small enough and the macro tight enough to look into the lens of a little bushnell telescope, but you had to hold it super still and they came out a bit dirty (cause of the cheap telescope and the juryrigged attatchment) and fuzzy. this is stellar. how did you do your setup?

Thanks all, I'll remember the size limit in the future.

The camera is attached to the scope in place of an eye piece, making it just a long lens. My telescope has a focal length of 1000mm, which was what that shot was taken at. I've just bought a decent quality 2x barlow which double the mag and hopefully not downgrade the quality too much, so I should be able to get some decent shots at 2000mm.
I'm also hoping to get a good mount for it later in the year so I can start doing some proper astrophotograpy :)

Picture of telescope, Skywatcher 200 Explorer, camera not attached obviously.

scopecrop800x533lo5.jpg

What do you need to attach the camera to the telescope?

It's just a little adapter, T2 adapter I think. Screws on to where you would usually have an eyepiece on the scope, then just attach the camera as you would a lens(very big lens though)

Other way to do it is to get a bracket which attaches to the focusser on the scope. Then put your camera+lens on the bracket so you can then focus on the eyepiece. Best for P&S camera though where you cant use the telescope as a lens. Image quality will suffer somewhat though as you are going through more glass.

Astrophotography is something that I'm interested in too. Once I get my "wish list" completed I will be posting it in my signature. Then I will have all the gear I need to take similar shots to this (maybe not quite as high quality) all for under $500! ;)

BTW, nice capture. Great detail.

ttfn
CDL.

Amazing, show this one to all your friends and family, they'll dig it for sure.

I can't stop coming back to look at this shot! I can honestly say this is one of the best photographs of the moon I've seen. Hopefully you've got a framed 20 x 30 hanging up somewhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back