Moonbeams!

First off, love the photo. However, if you were to have taken a second, lighter, exposure to catch the foreground better and then combined the two, it would probably be a much better image. Otherwise I love the top half's color, and the overall composition.

+1

And then a 3rd darker photo so that the moon didn't look like the sun and it'd be perfect! (We are so picky around here..)

Personally, I like it exactly as is. It's early morning, and the photo reflects that. The entire photo doesn't need to be properly exposed. The reflecting light is good, as are the mountain tops, it's beautiful.

I disagree with amphoteric, The dark foreground in contrast to the light on the mountains is what makes the photo. Great the way it is.

Thanks for all your comments.

I watched this site for two hours, and the shot you see was the best! As the sun rose and the light became brighter on the mountain tops, the moon reflection became less and less.

The Alpen Glow that followed was also a treat and I will show that later.

I am so glad you enjoyed this one, as I stood in -8c temperatures with a strong wind blowing in my face for over two hours, but I was dressed warm! The results, to me, and to you, show that the effort was definitely worth the time.

Thanks again!! (Now if my head would just stop swelling!) :lol:

I like the dark foreground, but the over exposed moon is throwing me off because it's so bright. If it were my shot (and I wish it were!), i'd try to tone down the moon, and try to lose the flare around it.

the centering of the light on the lake to the rock on the small inlet on the shore is amazing...

Most reactions

Back