What's new

Moonlight Exposures (C&C welcome!)

korreman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
89
Reaction score
20
Location
Hillerød
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out with my camera, an old 20mm lens, and a tripod, at ~23.00-01.00. Taking photos in moonlight was fun! So you tell me, artsy, fartsy, pretty good or downright crap?

1.Typical moon/road shot, woo!
moonroad.webp
2. These sheep. 10 second exposure, yes, they were just standing there, looking at me, inching closer and closer.
sheep.webp
3. Ghost type picture! I had no remote, and I had apparently set my timer to 5 seconds, so I had to run over there and jump over the ditch to get in position, clever me!
ghost.webp

The disadvantage of an f/3.5 aperture and a crop sensor Nikon D5200 forced me to take longer exposures, and I'm really glad it did, or I wouldn't have got a single shot worth a penny. None of the shots I had planned to do around in our town worked, it just shows that a lot happens in the moment itself. I've come to conclude that the limitations on my tools are really important for me to develop my skills and ideas.
 
These are nice. I would normally try to get the lamp to the side in the third shot, but I think it works in the center.

Yes, learning to work around obstacles and limitations can help you grow as a photographer (or in any venture).
 
Sorry mate, but these don't really work for me. Looks like you had fun and tried out some new stuff which is great but the lack of concept in the shots hurts it them too much imo.
 
Sorry mate, but these don't really work for me. Looks like you had fun and tried out some new stuff which is great but the lack of concept in the shots hurts it them too much imo.
Do you mean lack of concept as in lack of a shared theme, or lack of concept for each individual photo? Thanks.
 
I like 'em - the ethereal sheep are particularly cool.
 
Sorry mate, but these don't really work for me. Looks like you had fun and tried out some new stuff which is great but the lack of concept in the shots hurts it them too much imo.
Do you mean lack of concept as in lack of a shared theme, or lack of concept for each individual photo? Thanks.

Each individual photo mate.
 
Sorry mate, but these don't really work for me. Looks like you had fun and tried out some new stuff which is great but the lack of concept in the shots hurts it them too much imo.
Do you mean lack of concept as in lack of a shared theme, or lack of concept for each individual photo? Thanks.

Each individual photo mate.
Alright. Thanks for your feedback, I'll think about it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom