What's new

Moonscape at 400mm - C&C Welcome

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
4,350
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot this with my 70-200 2.8 with my TC20E III teleconverter

Moon-5819-November-06-2011-1.jpg


Looks much better larger.. here is same image on Flickr at 1024... http://www.flickr.com/photos/67377820@N08/6338681538/in/photostream/lightbox/
 
Good, good... now let's see you do Jupiter. ;)

That one's tricky. Enough exposure to capture the moons, and the planet is washed out. Get detail in the planet, and you can't see the moons. I've tried, and haven't got any good results (yet). Oh, and if you're looking for Jupiter, it's the brightest light in the east/south sky in the early evening, aside from the moon.
 
hahaha... I will do Mars instead.. going there next week to visit with John Carter and Dejah Thoris. Supposed to go to lunch with Tars Tarkas also. We are going Banth hunting! lol

Pgriz.. (HINT!) Interplanetary HDR.... try combining several shots with different exposures? As long as subject movement isn't an issue... should work. Don't know.. don't do that kind of shooting! :)
 
Last edited:
:thumbsup: nothing wrong with it as far as i can tell
 
:thumbsup: nothing wrong with it as far as i can tell

Thanks! Just a basic moon shot... as long as exposure is within a certain range, and it is sharp.. not much to it!
 
I'd like to hear more feedback regarding that teleconverter :)
 
I'd like to hear more feedback regarding that teleconverter :)

I am really liking the TC! As long as I do my part.. I get good clarity and sharpness. I haven't actually had the chance to use it much yet... I will see if I can get some shots with it. I was trying to think of something to do today.. that might be it! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom