I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken in Northern Manitoba Canada.

moonscape.jpg

How do you know that one is Jupiter? Cool to know all that!!!!

And this blue hue was "in the air"? Lovely time of day! A pity that - as so often - the moon came out a tad overexposed. I am so struggling with the right exposure on the moon myself...

Astronomy software called RedShift! (I cheated!) Jupiter is always "chasing" the moon at this time of year and is probably the brightest light you can see in the night sky (apart from the moon of course!)

I just put in the coords for Manitoba, locked onto the moon then scanned back a few days to see when Jupiter would be in a similar position! (which I estimate to be about 16-17th May?)

Not as easy would have been a few days later when Jupiter almost passed behind the moon which would be quite difficult to photograph. (Looked quite nice through the telescope though)

Incidently if you have a decent pair of binoculars you will be able to see Jupiters moons in a diagonal line across the planet and with a big telephoto you could even get a photo of them!?

I too have problems getting a clean image of the moon but I realy like the atmosphere in JonK's shot!

So do I! So do I!
Was it you who does all the astronomy photography then?
I came across one member, forgot who he is, though, who has a whole website on these things... but then, let me think: I came to that through Google... that`s it. No member from here. Super interesting site...!

Back to this photo: I said I love the blue hue and will repeat it again. I love the blue hue! Lovely time of the day. Good composition - you like simplicity in your photos, right, JonK?

Edit:
It is this site I was referring to (unfortunately it is in German, but some names explain themselves, I think) http://www.stephan-heinsius.de/
Very interesting for anyone who likes astronomy.

I really like it too! If there wasn't Jupiter on the left the shot would be a bit boring :) But now it is neat :D

JonK said:
Shot on slide.
Straight from the box; just levels and contrast.
Good for you; it's a lovely scene. :thumbup: It has a great feel to it.

I also love the extra tidbit about Jupiter! :lol: That's great!

I have to apologise for misleading you all. I should have mentioned this was from archive.
I took it some years back while living in the North.
The sky colour is very true as we got very long twilight(moorning and evenning) periods in the spring (this shot was taken around this time of year).
I don't recall the settings used but was on tripod and couldn't have been super long as the moon is not very distorted. I know it's blown out but for me the rest of the shot makes up for it.

Thanks all for looking and your great comments.

Most reactions

Back