What's new

Moonscaping Fun

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
855
Location
Mountain View, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out to an old favorite location of mine Friday evening for a little bit of moonscaping fun. I thought I'd share the results with you all. The first made it into my 52 Weeks project, here.

Hope you like them!

1.

Moonlight Road by TogaLive, on Flickr

2.

The Grass is Greener by TogaLive, on Flickr

3.

Atmosphere by TogaLive, on Flickr

All were taken at 15 or 20 seconds, at ISO1600 and f/4 with a Canon 17-40mm f/4L on the Canon 6D
 
Last edited:
I thinks these are great! Very cool to see a foreground exposed as if daylight but then, bam, starry sky!
 
Nice juicy shots. :thumbup:
 
Very surreal and dream-like. I especially like #3.
 
Glad you all liked them! I'll do my best to bring back a few more once the moon is right again! A full moon, or near-full moon is just a tad too bright usually.

Thanks again for the kind words! :)
 
It's a technique that makes very interesting and pleasing to look at images.
Kudos for discerning the light quality is better before or after a full moon.

The light has a nice soft quality that can't be achieved with direct sunlight and the long exposure makes the motion blurred clouds look nice and soft too.

I would probably add a bit more exposure globally and then selectively add a bit more exposure to the land.

Quick story: About 1875 or so a meteorologist published the first atlas of cloud types. His atlas had 10 cloud types.
The 9th cloud type was the most cushiony and comfortable looking cloud and spawned the saying - being "on cloud nine."
 
That's awesome! As for the thread title... I first read "Manscaping Fun" and was afraid to click. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom