Moose fight in Grand Teton NP

mosu84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today we stumbled upon a mother and her calf along Moose-Wilson Road. There were a ton of people out taking pictures of the two of them, so we pulled in and got a pretty close (20 yards) look at them. Almost as soon as we got down there, another calf stumbled into the area. She soaked in the pond for a few minutes before the mother seemed to care.

4984508929_b0604afbae_z.jpg

4984508947_1d268e3f85_z.jpg

Then the mother finally confronted her and drove the other cow away from her calf. (Wish I was taller so that I could have taken a clean shot over the high grass)

4984508959_65cabc4101_z.jpg

4984508921_bff85148b5_z.jpg

Last edited:
Where is Moose-Wilson Road?

Nice pictures but since we are both from Boston I'm pissed that I don't know where Moose-Wilson Road is so I can visit!

Years ago I use to take pictures of them up in Maine and it was so cute how I could take one step inside their comfort level and they would just take one step back...funny how people feel that killing them is a sport---walk up within 20-60 feet....drink a 12 pack and still shoot them...yeah a sport.

I'm jealous. I spent most of my life in Montana and have only seen a moose on two occasions. Both times it was only his rapidly retreating butt I saw by the time I could get my camera ready to shoot.

Awesome shots. It's been a while since I have been to Grand Teton. It's a great place to see tons of moose!

Where is Moose-Wilson Road?

Nice pictures but since we are both from Boston I'm pissed that I don't know where Moose-Wilson Road is so I can visit!

Years ago I use to take pictures of them up in Maine and it was so cute how I could take one step inside their comfort level and they would just take one step back...funny how people feel that killing them is a sport---walk up within 20-60 feet....drink a 12 pack and still shoot them...yeah a sport.

Moose-Wilson is in Wyoming -- quite a drive from Boston. I had such a great time watching these fellas that I can't wait to take a drive up to NH or Maine to try and see them in the Northeast. Have you ever driven Moose Alley up in NH?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back