More birds C&C welcome

I like number 3, that's pretty cool. I like how the eye glows on the one on the right.

They were very wary of me and always kept an eye on me so it was easy to get the eyes.

Very nice job on #3

Nice images - thanks for sharing. The "jabiru", or black-necked storks (I think that is what they are) have different iris colours - female = yellow, male = dark, or black, so you were right to think that. What is the second one - it looks like a blue-winged Kookaburra, but then I am not really that familiar with birds from down under. The first one, a BIF is also good, but the OOF boat in the background is a bit distracting and I think it needs a bit more colour or contrast to give it a bit of a pop. Thanks for sharing - as an amateur bird photographer, I am always interested in seeing images of birds from other parts of the world.

Cheers WesternGuy, they must mate for life, because you can always see pairs like that all the time. #2 You are right it IS a blue winged Kookaburra. I have other shots of seagulls, but for some reason I liked that one (mainly because its my son in the boat).

View attachment 12313

View attachment 12314

View attachment 12315

And a stork on a return flight.

and I think it needs a bit more colour or contrast to give it a bit of a pop.

Edit:

View attachment 12328
A bit more vibrance and contrast.

View attachment 12329
I thought a tighter crop here might be better, with a touch of vibrance.

Lovely shots! Most of your gull shots appear to be slightly underexposed... there are no true whites in the images. Do you calibrate your monitor.... it is worthwhile!

Lovely shots! Most of your gull shots appear to be slightly underexposed... there are no true whites in the images. Do you calibrate your monitor.... it is worthwhile!

No my monitor is not calibrated. HOWEVER it is one thing on my to do list. Any recommendations?

No my monitor is not calibrated. HOWEVER it is one thing on my to do list. Any recommendations?

#1 An IPS monitor is preferred...

#2 I haven't really checked out any of the recent calibration hardware / software, but the latest X-Rite, Datacolor or Pantone kits should do fine for you...

Just do a little research.. look at customer reviews on Amazon.. that type of thing! You will be amazed at the difference it makes...

#1 An IPS monitor is preferred...

#2 I haven't really checked out any of the recent calibration hardware / software, but the latest X-Rite, Datacolor or Pantone kits should do fine for you...

Just do a little research.. look at customer reviews on Amazon.. that type of thing! You will be amazed at the difference it makes...

Thanks cgipson1 I will definitely look into it!

rokvi, I have the Datacolor Spyder 4 Elite and it does a great job, for me, of calibrating my two ASUS PA246 monitors. If you can find a used Spyder 3 Elite or Pro model, they should do a reasonably decent job and will be a bit cheaper. You can check out some of the technical aspects here - Monitor Calibration for Photography - but as cgipson1 says, check out some of the stuff on the web and the product reviews, and, YES, you will be surprised at the difference it makes. HTH.

Cheers I checked it out and did a basic calibration on mids for now, when I get my new monitor I will grab the spyder as well.
Thanks again guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back