Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
More photos of my friend.

23043266802_98ba9066e4_z.jpg

22435664893_652d75be77_z.jpg

22435665513_19fb9d67f1_z.jpg

22638506187_5bc0b30b99_z.jpg

5. there's something weird with that one and I can't figure out what is it. Is it her neck, her thights, or everything that is bothering me... At first I like the position, but the more I was spending time editing it, the more I dislike it.
23068263701_13bcbb4da2_z.jpg

In shot #5, her head looks very small. I think the lens focal length is too short, and the camera is too close,and that is causing a lot of apparent perspective distortion. I mean, just look at how small her head is rendered...it really throws off the proportions of the remainder of her body and legs. The same effect is also evident in the first shot, with the camera being rather low, it's making her head look unnaturally small.

Derrel is spot-on. You've got a lot of distortion here--it makes her thighs look gigantic and her head small. Also, the light seems a little harsh to me and combined with the nose ring, you get some strong and distracting shadow with her nose.

For me, one of the differences between "boudoir" and models in lingerie or even erotica is that boudoir has very soft lighting that compliments the models, no harsh light, no strong shadows.

So some tips if you're going to shoot boudoir:
--bounce a lot of light off of anything that will reflect it and soften it...white walls, ceiling, a large piece of foam core...and then wear a white blouse (so you're a portable reflector).
--use a scrim with any of your light sources.

Separate from the whole genre of "boudoir"....I like #3 and #4 the best. The least distortion to me, and the shadows/lighting don't seem as harsh in a way that is distracting. B/c of the nose ring, any light from above or a distant light to the side is going to make the ring look bigger than it is b/c of the shadow it will create (so that's something to keep in mind as you pose her).

A couple of other tips for posing. I'm sure that your space is tight. That said...get your models away from the wall or curtains. Get some distance (at least 2-3 feet) and then shoot with a wider aperture. It will blur the background, provide more focus on the model and less on the curtains. Also, a common challenge photographers face when shooting glamour or boudoir shots for amateurs who might have some body issues (like C-scars, big thighs, maybe 20-25 extra pounds)....
--use distortion to your favor. Don't have the biggest part of the model (say...her thighs) closest to the camera...put it further away. Put her on a bed on her stomach (hiding her belly) and gravity will give her greater cleavage with her shoulders hiding her thighs if you shoot at eye level or just slightly above. Definitely a good pose to hide stomach issues.
--also, if you want to draw a viewer's eyes to cleavage, put a small crucifix on your model...the thin chain with the small cross is like a flashing neon arrow pointing down to the breasts saying "LOOK! LOOK!" This (plus using gravity are great ways of adding a cup size in appearance, especially if the model is a bit "smaller" up there.

Last edited:
Derrel is spot-on. You've got a lot of distortion here--it makes her thighs look gigantic and her head small. Also, the light seems a little harsh to me and combined with the nose ring, you get some strong and distracting shadow with her nose.

For me, one of the differences between "boudoir" and models in lingerie or even erotica is that boudoir has very soft lighting that compliments the models, no harsh light, no strong shadows.

So some tips if you're going to shoot boudoir:
--bounce a lot of light off of anything that will reflect it and soften it...white walls, ceiling, a large piece of foam core...and then wear a white blouse (so you're a portable reflector).
--use a scrim with any of your light sources.

Separate from the whole genre of "boudoir"....I like #3 and #4 the best. The least distortion to me, and the shadows/lighting don't seem as harsh in a way that is distracting. B/c of the nose ring, any light from above or a distant light to the side is going to make the ring look bigger than it is b/c of the shadow it will create (so that's something to keep in mind as you pose her).

A couple of other tips for posing. I'm sure that your space is tight. That said...get your models away from the wall or curtains. Get some distance (at least 2-3 feet) and then shoot with a wider aperture. It will blur the background, provide more focus on the model and less on the curtains. Also, a common challenge photographers face when shooting glamour or boudoir shots for amateurs who might have some body issues (like C-scars, big thighs, maybe 20-25 extra pounds)....
--use distortion to your favor. Don't have the biggest part of the model (say...her thighs) closest to the camera...put it further away. Put her on a bed on her stomach (hiding her belly) and gravity with give her greater cleavage with her shoulders hiding her thighs.
--also, if you want to draw a viewer's eyes to cleavage, put a small crucifix on your model...the thin chain with the small cross is like a flashing neon arrow pointing down to the breasts saying "LOOK! LOOK!"

Great info!!! :)

Not related to the photography, but I'd perhaps watch some tutorials on the makeup and try to polish that up just a little bit.

LOVE that lingerie though!

Not related to the photography, but I'd perhaps watch some tutorials on the makeup and try to polish that up just a little bit.

LOVE that lingerie though!

Euh, it wasn't me, but a makeup artist...
I have enough of my face, I'm not into applying makeup on others. Unless they wants an abstraction on their face, some racoon eyes and mascara brush into the eyes.

Most reactions

Back