more by the sea (4 pics)

quad b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys and girls.
i took these about 4 weeks ago now, let me know what you think...

sea1.jpg

sea2.jpg

sea3.jpg

sea4.jpg

Thanks for looking

Those are some cool looking birds in your last photo here. I like those! They are having a bit of a bad hair day, I think ;). If this were mine, I might consider cropping it a bit to bring the subject matter (the birds) out of the very centre of the frame...

Moving from bottom to top, I must say I very much like the COLOUR of that big wave there. All in all I find that quite much is going on in that photo of yours, which you captured nicely. Quite some drama in the massive movement of the waves. A pity that it is a bit tilted. Soon all the water will run out of your frame ;). Well, it can be corrected with each and every post processing software there is, I should think.

The second from above makes me wonder. What is it? Why is it there?
Again there is some interesting action of the sea in the background and yay: the horizon is straight :D.

Now that first, the sea water pool ... I'd like to go for a swim there one day. Only is it A BIT far from where I live. Just a tad ... ;)

My fav is 4. The 5. could have been interesting with a long exposure... But, maybe it would be to much of clishe-s..?

2 & 4 for me, nice shots... :thumbup:

If I were to crop number 4, how should i go about it? should I take the birds out of centre, take away some of the rock in the foreground? I think I would like to keep as much as the wave as possible in the back ground. Feel free to have a go at it if you wish.
cheers

Just an idea:

quad_b_sea4_myedit.jpg

But there are no prescriptions ...

Yeah, I like that. I probably should have shot the original with the "rule of thirds" in mind.

thanks for the help

Nice work! I love the Gong. another thing with the bird shot, is maybe you could mirror it so the birds are facing left to right... just another wildlife rule

what do you think of this try? perhaps it needs to be cropped different?

sea5.jpg

I would still be quite interested to hear myself, too, why it is a rule of nature photography to have the animals/birds anything look from the left to the right much rather than the other way round??? Why is that so?

Just somthing my photograqphy teacher has said, you analyse things starting from left to right, so the ideal wildlife shot is to have the subject thats in focus left from center (rule of thirds) with the animal looking into its surrounding habitat. A photograph doesnt have to be like so, but if you can manipulate the image to comply with certain techniques, then do so.

Most reactions

Back