More color from today’s trip to my favorite garden

Wonderful! Are these with the velvet?

Wonderful! Are these with the velvet?

No, with that Pentacon AV 80mm that I bought off eBay. The seller fitted it with a Fuji mount and a home made focus mechanism. It’s a pretty neat lens. I love the bokeh I get with it but it’s not the easiest to use. Conditions were perfect and I was the only one at the garden for the first 2 hours I was there. Still only about 50% keeper rate.

I like the flower and composition with the contrasting yellow flowers behind it but I actually don’t like the bokeh. I find it distracting.

I like the flower and composition with the contrasting yellow flowers behind it but I actually don’t like the bokeh. I find it distracting.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate your taking the time to comment. Admittedly it’s not for everyone but I really like it. I have other lenses with smoother bokeh but that is not what I was looking for when I bought this one.

I thought #1 would be my favorite, until I saw the second. Those would make a nice pairing on the wall :)

beautiful. I looked at those and thought you bought a Tair 135. I picked one up from @pixmedic and it produces similar looking images but it has a long minimal focus distance so I don't use it much. Actually, I forget I have to be honest. What were the conditions?

beautiful. I looked at those and thought you bought a Tair 135. I picked one up from @pixmedic and it produces similar looking images but it has a long minimal focus distance so I don't use it much. Actually, I forget I have to be honest. What were the conditions?

Thanks jc. Never heard of a Tair. What conditions are you referring to?

Wow ... I have to echo the others. Lot's of personality in that lens.

I'm thinking about the damage you could do, armed with that Pentacon, out here at the Huntington Library ...

Wow ... I have to echo the others. Lot's of personality in that lens.

I'm thinking about the damage you could do, armed with that Pentacon, out here at the Huntington Library ...

Is that a garden? I’ll check it out for sure when I come out to visit my nephew after his move...

I may surprise my mom and Princess with a Thanksgiving weekend trip.

Tair 11 / 11A 135mm F2.8 Lens Reviews - Russian and Zenitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

you said it was the right conditions, I was curious what you were referring to?

Tair 11 / 11A 135mm F2.8 Lens Reviews - Russian and Zenitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

you said it was the right conditions, I was curious what you were referring to?

Oh! Yes. That lens has a hand made and very limited manual focusing mechanism and a fixed aperture. Have to be able to get close enough to get in focus at the extreme end of that but don’t want to fill the frame with a big subject as the bokeh is the reason I bought the lens. Need some dappled backlighting to produce the bubble bokeh (not really prevalent in any of the photos in this thread but see the two I added below).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29CM2fc]
[/url]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back