More D5000 Bad news

i own both and i've never had an issue with either.
however, if a D90 is in your budget then why are considering a D5000 in the first place?

That's the problem. A D90 isn't in my budget, and I really don't want a D60, that's why I figured the D5000 would be perfect. But I don't want to buy a brand new camera and then have to send it for service the next day..... just not sure what to do.

Standard rule... never be the first one to buy a new technology.

i waited about a 3 weeks after it came out and it appears the D5000 i purchased does't fall into the recall category. i checked the serial number on their site and mine hasn't been recalled.

i own both and i've never had an issue with either.
however, if a D90 is in your budget then why are considering a D5000 in the first place?

That's the problem. A D90 isn't in my budget, and I really don't want a D60, that's why I figured the D5000 would be perfect. But I don't want to buy a brand new camera and then have to send it for service the next day..... just not sure what to do.

honestly, i wouldn't' worry about it because the number of cases in relation to how many have been sold, are few. Just the the 5000..

i waited about a 3 weeks after it came out and it appears the D5000 i purchased does't fall into the recall category. i checked the serial number on their site and mine hasn't been recalled.

3 weeks is nothing... 3 months at the earliest.

3 weeks is nothing... 3 months at the earliest.

that was kind of my point. 3 weeks after release the shelves were already being stocked with models that had been fixed.

itznfb - Be sure to re-check your serial number if you checked it before about Aug 12th. I bought mine at the end of June, and it was subject to the original recall, and 3 days after I got it back, Aug 8th or so, I received a message from Nikon, saying there is another recall.

-Andy

^ doesn't mean much. it would depend on where you purchased and how long the camera you recieved was sitting on the shelf. i checked on aug 14 when i first posted here.

As long as you checked Aug 14th, then you are good (for now LOL). Just wanted to make sure that you knew there were two different recalls.

A guy I know has a friend with a D5000 and sent his in for the recall, had it back in 3 days!

I have had my D5000 for 5 months and roughly 25,000 images and it just powered down yesterday. I sent it in to the service center in CT. Does anyone have recent experience with the turnaround time? I'll keep you posted regarding mine.

I bought a D5000 (new) back a few months ago.
I sold my D80 for it, but I missed the "heft/feel" of the D80.
So I returned my D5000 (it was in the process of being recalled) back for a refund.
I bought a D90. I'm not bashing the D5000 for I loved mine.
I was just so into my D80 that I missed it and switched back to it's younger brother.

If I purchased a new D5000 in the next few weeks, would it be safe to assume it will not have the recall issues?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back