More dog action from the weekend

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And i think i will be shooting dogs a lot from now on very lucrative, i printed some off from the week before so this week i went with my camera and prints 5 minutes after i got there i had £100 in my back pocket and no prints :x didn't print enough

457750209_7B4De-L.jpg

457748252_Z48Da-L.jpg

457749683_6aFPY-L.jpg

457749465_EBjPo-L.jpg

457751385_qkW9M-L.jpg

457750936_geMb7-L.jpg

457751307_JCgJp-L.jpg

457751451_zxug9-L.jpg

Wow, I can't imagine getting paid for a photo ... what printer/paper/size for the prints?

Wow, I can't imagine getting paid for a photo ... what printer/paper/size for the prints?

Canon pixma and A4 Canon paper, shooting all day Saturday for a local pro who has set up a van with one main computer and 2 sony printers that sends the shots to 3 other computer touch screens so they can scroll through the shots, should earn some serious money i'm on extra because i got the event,i got him a 4 day event at easter but can't get enough good photographers to cover it. He wants me to take local photographers to these practise days and vet them :shock::shock:

How many photographers do you need at an event like that? Are these ones also dog events?

How many photographers do you need at an event like that? Are these ones also dog events?

The one on saturday there are 4 rings (yes dogs) with me and the pro shooting and another lad working the computer, could do with another tog but it is too late now, i'm going to set up one camera on a tropod on the ring next to the one i'm shooting and fire it remotely while shooting the other ring should be fun :mrgreen:, why are you going to catch a plane over for the weekend

Naa I don't think I'd qualify ;-) I just wondered how many were usually needed at this kind of event.

Last autumn 2007 I was in the USA taking pics at a dragracing event (Night of Fire, Orlando FL) and there were these two guys from the same company, one standing on each side of the wall, and each had a D300 (one guy also had a D3) and two wall mounted remote firing flashes, I was impressed by their setup :)

Awesome, as usual. Great detail and spot-on focus.

I have a silly question-with the right lens, could my D50 take pictures of this caliber, or would that be an unrealistic expectation?

Awesome, as usual. Great detail and spot-on focus.

I have a silly question-with the right lens, could my D50 take pictures of this caliber, or would that be an unrealistic expectation?

Cheers mate, Yes it could with any lens 150mm upwards, not sure if the focus would track fast enough with the D50 never used one but all you have to do is pre focus just infront of the jump and then its down to timing, i still use a canon 10D now and again and that can do it
this is with the 10D pre focused, i was laid on my back both eyes open left eye whatching for the horses
261042722_fCiJz-L.jpg

Now I have some renewed hope!! One question-how do you pre-focus on an object not yet in your view? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Now I have some renewed hope!! One question-how do you pre-focus on an object not yet in your view? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

If you were to shoot at F5.6 1/640 and focus on the bar it should be ok and get down low, non of the dog shots are pre focused and i think all were F2.8

That first photo is beautiful! Such joy on the dog's face :) Nice one.

Great captures!

Question: Are most of the prints that are being sold going to the dog owners? Or are spectators purchasing the prints? Just curious.

Derrick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back