What's new

More Fireworks! Critiques welcome.

julianliu

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 15, 2013
Messages
413
Reaction score
75
Location
Denver, Colorado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just want to share more firework photos with you guys. If you feel like to, please point out which ones you like and which ones you don't and why, so I can learn to improve next time. Thanks.

$_ZJL7294.webp$_ZJL7295.webp$_ZJL7304.webp
$_ZJL7309.webp$_ZJL7310.webp$_ZJL7316.webp
$_ZJL7319.webp$_ZJL7322.webp
$_ZJL7323.webp$OKC Fireworks-2.webp
 
No offense intended, but they're all pretty much the same. And the boring, busy foreground detracts the eye.

You've got the exposure and timing down pat, though.
 
What settings did you use?

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D7000
Lens: 70.0-200.0 mm f/4.0
Image Date: 2014-07-04
Focal Length: 102mm (35mm equivalent: 153mm)
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure Time: 13.000 s
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Creator: Zhijun Liu
Software: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Windows)
 
No offense intended, but they're all pretty much the same. And the boring, busy foreground detracts the eye.

You've got the exposure and timing down pat, though.

None taken.
I would like to go to somewhere I can see the city or with water reflections, but when you go with friends, you do not have much choice but to work with what you have. But yes, I got your point. I used to take photos with photos with no foreground, and that look boring to me. So I try to incorporate the foreground to the fireworks this time. I did crop some out but left some in the photos when I think the foreground gives some sense of the scale and environment of the fireworks. Does this make sense?
 
Being inspired to make a cover photo for my facebook, so get creative to make this one.
$Dallas Fireworks.webp
 
Fireworks are good.
Location sucks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like them very much. I don't notice the location much simply because you did such a good job on the fireworks.
 
I like them very much. I don't notice the location much simply because you did such a good job on the fireworks.

Thank you! Simplybarb.

Some compliments are good to hear. After all I tried hard to photograph and edit all these.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom