More Metro Photos

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The people wouldn't go were I wanted them to go! :-( And I actually got in trouble for taking this first one by a metro staff member. I didn't realise it was actually a private company that ran and built the 'public' transport here. Ah well. Didn't stop me. hehe.

LaSortieGens.jpg

FemmePattedOie.jpg

I'm having fun with duotone if you couldn't tell!

You are so brave!
I'd have shrivelled to nothing and slunk away if someone had come up to me to tell me "Leave it!"
And in how far can a thus publicly used place as the Toulouse Metro be treated as if it were private property, whether it is by law or not? I wonder.

Again the first is not totally and completely symmetrical. Did you go for that? Near miss then... heehee :greenpbl: (sorry, just joking).

Very nice, I really like the second capture. On my recent trip I took as many images as possible at the airports but was always worried I was going to get in trouble.

Eric

I am also another fan of the second one. Nice capture. Next time they tell you not to take pictures give them an open flash to the eyes :fangs:

nice shots! i like this effect. i tried it once, but it didnt give me the option to save as a jpeg or tif. how did you save yours?

Nice shots...I like the second as well.

JonMikal said:
nice shots! i like this effect. i tried it once, but it didnt give me the option to save as a jpeg or tif. how did you save yours?

It didn't give me the JPEG option either under Save As. I had to go to "Save for Web" and it worked.

And regards the legal sides, you'll see a nice little info pack I've put up in the General Q&A about it. This experience made me want to know more, so I shared it with you all too! Aww aren't I nice. ;-)

bluesaphyer said:
I love the tone in the 2nd one, would you mind sharing what settings you used?
Ohh I can't remember. Hang on the data might still be saved in the PSD file.

I did a slight levels, and contrast change. (coz my camera always has low contrast! ARGH!)
Then did a channel mix layer to get the B&W look I wanted.
Then Flattened the image
Convert to greyscale
Convert to duotone
Used Black and Pantone 8961C (from the metallic coated section)
Then added the very slight vignetting you can see.
Ta Da!

I didn't know whether I would like that metro shot with the people in, but I really like what you've done here. And that second picture is superb. Well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back