What's new

More Montreal stuff

deudeu

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 15, 2007
Messages
327
Reaction score
0
Location
Paris, France
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Those were taken by the Lachine Canal. You have a lot of old industrial buildings there.

C&C please!

1.
SG104090.jpg


2.
SG104096.jpg


3.
SG104099.jpg


4.
SG104112.jpg


Thank you for looking!
 
Wow interesting buildings and great colour and exposure. It's a pity the sky wasn't a little more dynamic though. Were you shooting past a fence on the first shot? It's my favourite shot and is a terrific photo, but that line across it is annoying - photoshop?
 
Yes, I was shooting across a fence.
I have a couple other pictures where the barbwire doesn't show, but then I don't have the trailers.
I really like the contrast between the shiny trailers and the rusty building.

As far as photoshop is concerned, that would be cheating wouldn't it? I am joking of course, but I don't use photoshop yet.

I try to master one tool at the time. And right now, the camera is the tool i need to master. Only after will i mess around with PS!

Thank you very much for your comments!
 
Last edited:
They remind me of this (http://flickr.com/photos/jasmincormier/)person's great photostream, bet you guys even took pictures of the same buildings....you should check it out

Edit-
http://flickr.com/photos/jasmincormier/2244880385/

http://flickr.com/photos/jasmincormier/2231423044/in/set-72157604489867950/

Yes, the first picture is the same building, but she is a much better photographer than I am. The second picture is a different mill though. There is quite a few of these old industrial building around here, mostly by the river or the Canal.

It sure makes me happy, because those are all fun photographic opportunities! Thank you for your comments.
 
Great pics...
I too love the contrast between the shiny new and the rusty old buildings...

Reminds me of when I was younger... I used to love walking around there... and riding around the Canal to the old port...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom