Dom,
I am sure it was the processing on my daughter because her hair is jet black. I wasn't going to take any pictures of her, but she just had to strike a pose for me. lol Needless to say raggedy hair and clothes for playing outside didn't make the best picture. We will try that pose again tomorrow. The edit on my son is great. Thanks for that. I think I had it set to AWB. I have been messing around with the in camera temp to adjust for portraits. Maybe I had it set to low. I was loosing light so I had to crank the ISO up im trying to get used to not using flash. I have a off camera but in the wooded area nothing to bounce off. BTW how did you do the edit?
Josh, Ive tryed everything to get my focus on the eyes. I have tried recomposing, not recomposing, zooming in and focusing then zooming back out. I just cant seem to get it. My hands shake really bad, but even when using my tri-pod my photos come out to soft. Oh well ill keep shooting and one day ill get it right.