Reaction score
Here's a few more pictures Ive done let me know what you guys think
Big Fase 100
bigfase100edited.jpg

Major James
majorjames2.jpg

Hot Dollar
DSC_0145-1.jpg

I think you need to stop making HDR people shots. The cartoonish look on thier faces ruins the impact.

NUmber hot dollar is my favorite, I like the the shirt looks and how natural the face is. Theres to much blue IMO, but if it what major james likes, give it to him.

Agreed, too cartoony and not at all flattering.

To me it looks like you are trying to get that Dave Hill look, which is not a good idea because it's his look. You should try to develop your own to stand out.

I think you need to watch your backgrounds. The fence or the building in the second shot is tilted. I know sometimes its difficult to get everything aligned especially if the fence or building may have each been tilted in opposite directions. If they were straight however, I think the contrast of vertical and horizontial line would be very interesting.

The third shot, you've really got a lot of patterns going on in that, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it sure does make a persons eyes go round:lol: and again the fence and building behind it are tilted.

In the first one I'd clone out the yellow rope.

I'm not familair with the HDR technique, so I'm not going to comment about that, but I can't sit here and say that I do not like your photos....there is something about them that has kept me staring at them now for a good 15 minutes....something about the blue - it just keeps drawing me in.:D

I think you have some good shots here regardless of what other people think. I know it's not my particular style of photography, but for what you're doing, it works perfect. I can see these guys in a hip hop mag, cd liner, or flyer, and I'm sure they love it. You could use some of the background advice, but I think having the grit of the scenery helps tell the story (maybe not the yellow hose/extension cord). How did you find a dude that looks like Spike Lee, and in your last set a dude that looked like Ice Cube?

thanks for all the feedback now the reason for the hdr images is because you guys need to understand that photography in the hip hop industry is different, rappers love the hdr look because it makes them stand out and its real flashy. For what I do I think the hdr is necessary because they ask for it, they constantly ask for it whenever I do a shoot with a rapper.

thanks for all the feedback now the reason for the hdr images is because you guys need to understand that photography in the hip hop industry is different, rappers love the hdr look because it makes them stand out and its real flashy. For what I do I think the hdr is necessary because they ask for it, they constantly ask for it whenever I do a shoot with a rapper.

Rule #1 for any business: make sure the customer likes the product/service.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of your work in some hip hop magazine or cd cover.

I think this set is a big step up from the last you posted. While many still take issue with the processing, I think it's much better applied here, without noticeable halos. The compositions are strong (especially for the first, which I think is excellent), though I think the background is distracting in the second shot. If this work sells, keep it up.

Hopefully we can avoid thinly-veiled racism/classism this time around.

Most reactions

Back