More of the dramatic tree

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Huh... i hope you're not fed up of my dramatic tree yet. cause you'll be seeing even MORE of it :twisted:

Seriously though, you might have noticed I particularily like this tree... I suppose it's obvious why... it's creepy, it's dramatic... how can one not love a tree like that? :blushing:

But even though i love it, i'm really not sure about the pics... I find them a tad too dark and the colors.... :confused:
And I hate indecision. So i need some serious critique on these; no particular point though... pretty everything: light, colors, angle, comp... good, bad, horrific... hit me with all you got. :D

Also, I tried faking Velvia on one of them just for the heck of it... But look, I'm a b&w person and so much intense color got me dangerously close to the "monochrome" button. The result doesn't nearly look natural, but somehow, i happen to kind of being a little on the side of starting to like it (indecision again).
If some of you want, i can post it. i just don't want it to be side by side with the natural ones cause it really makes them look fade and dark.

(whoa, okay. i suppose 98% of you won't even care reading that novel. so here're the pics :))

IMGP0126v2.jpg

IMGP0125v4.jpg

oooo i really like the first, the creepy mood was well captured, and the POV is way cool.

i love the juxtaposition between the dead tree and the grass. Great use of contrasting shape and form!

hmm Iprefer the second one... did you consider waiting for a sunset... and capturing a silhouette???

thanks guys :D

Mentos: I tried it a few times, but in fact, the setting sun gets hidden by higher trees around, so it just gives a blue hue to the picture... you can see the result in the "my robert frost inspired" ;)

and okay, all against all, i'll post the fake velvia *cringe*
As i said, it's not nearly natural-looking, but here it is, just for the heck of it:
IMGP0126v4.jpg

Most reactions

Back