More of the old Jeep

Doug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got the old Jeep running and drove it out to the pile of millings (recycled asphalt) to pose it. I would like to know what is thought of the back ground, is it to plain or do I need to position better? I shot in color and converted it in Photoshop. I know the old round Civil Defence decal is blown out.

Image 1
Jeep01-2.jpg

Image 2
Jeep02-1.jpg

I like the color one better... the jeep stands out better I think :) Pretty neat that you can actually drive it!

Well the background is a little dull, but you could have composed better, and not put the Jeep right in the center of the shot. The "Rule of Thirds" applies here.

Nice jeep though!

Well the background is a little dull, but you could have composed better, and not put the Jeep right in the center of the shot. The "Rule of Thirds" applies here.

Nice jeep though!

What is the Rule of Thirds??

Thanks for the advice. All the shots I took were centered I took one and cropped it so that the Jeep was off center. It's also a different angle.

Jeep03-1.jpg

In the B&W version if you could use a digital filter to enhance the contrast I think it would be a great shot. I use Fred Miranda's B&W conversion plug-in. It will let you convert as if you shot it with B&W film and say a red filter. That filter would make the Jeep much lighter and the background the same or a little darker. The differential in contrast would realy make the B&W conversion a killer shot. BTW, your last posted shot is much superior to the others for it's composition.

Agreed, amazing what a little diff composition will do to a relatively simple picture. Jeep looks great.

I saw that your photos were okay to edit so I took the color version and increased the saturation and contrast to make the jeep pop a little more.

Jeep01-2.jpg

A dirty beat up jeep is a subject with tons of different angles and surfaces and textures to shoot. Don't limit yourself to shots that show the entire vehicle. Get in close, experiment and find some unique viewpoints.

Ajay, that looks a little over saturated to me. The background looks good, but the jeep is way too bright.

I actually prefer the slightly desaturated look of the originals (looks more 'rustic'), but I don't like the B&W conversion - looks better in color to me.

The background isn't too bad. Not the most exciting, but a helluva lot better than a driveway. Jeep shots should not have paved surfaces in them. ;)

I saw that your photos were okay to edit so I took the color version and increased the saturation and contrast to make the jeep pop a little more.

Jeep01-2.jpg

A dirty beat up jeep is a subject with tons of different angles and surfaces and textures to shoot. Don't limit yourself to shots that show the entire vehicle. Get in close, experiment and find some unique viewpoints.

too much, somewhere between the original and your edit along witha a crop job and she'd be perfect.

Hello and thank you everyone for your comments they have really helped.

Jstuedle, I'd like to try the filter you mention and see what I could do to improve the way it looks. I opened this photo in PS and converted it this way. Image, Mode, Lab then Lightness Channel, then Image, Mode, Grayscale then Image, Mode, RGB and finally save as. I found this procedure in one of the Photo Magazines.

Ajay, I started this project a few weeks ago and posted some shots back then, tighter shots of different viewpoints. Another member suggested more saturation and contrast. I tried it, it brought out all kinds of hidden colors.

OIIIIIIO I agree Jeeps shouldn't be shot on pavement. I hate to say it but this Jeep is heading to the paint shop. It is giong to be turned into a parade vehicle for one of the local fire departments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back