More old photos from Prague (2)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I posted the first lot of almost 30-year-old photos from Prague but then I had to go to bed so could not post the second lot. But here it is now:

prag02.jpg

Approaching Hradcany with a view of St. Vitus Cathedral from below

prag01.jpg

View of Prague Castle and parts of St. Vitus Cathedral as seen from the Lesser Side

prag04.jpg

Entrance gates to Prague Castle

prag06.jpg

Soldiers on the square before Prague Castle (I was very afraid to take this photo at the time for we had been told we were NOT supposed to take ANY photo of ANY person in uniform at the time ... ) (But it was the Changing of the Guards, I think, and they were therefore prepared to being photographed by tourists - I can see another tourist taking a photo in the background here, too).

prag03.jpg

Inside Prague Castle, still not having fully approached the courtyard in front of St. Vitus Cathedral

(I think I also tried to take a photo inside the cathedral ... I wonder if the slide was too bad to be scanned? In case I find it, I might still add it to my thread).

Ah. Found them. Applied a bit of USM to them, and a tiny bit of curves or level adjustment, and here they are: my first no-flash-inside-a-cathedral photos ever taken in my life with a 100-ISO film and a fully manual, tiny little camera (the Rollei 35 is a cute camera!):

prag16.jpg

prag17.jpg

(Yes, first ever stained glass window pic of my life)

prag18.jpg

Yes, all three from the inside of St. Vitus Cathedral

Wow..that is some stunning architecture. Nicely capture Corinna.

No, according to my knowledge there has never been any TPF meet-up in Prague before, the last one that got a big photo coverage was the one in London, and the pics taken inside a cathedral were taken inside WESTMINSTER Cathedral (in LONDON) and not inside St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague.

But with the quality of my pics here you might get misled and begin to think "Oh well, cathedral is cathedral is cathedral in the end" ;).

neat series corinna, i really enjoyed 3 & 4 and all those architectural shots... :thumbup:

I think it's a virtual meetup Corinna - I have most of your photos :D

But of course you were there first!

They are still in pretty good shape after all of these years eh?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back