No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Web_Photo_Editor.jpg

IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5697.jpg

The exposure on these seem to be mainly set for the sky as the planes look a little underexposed. While it's a fine balencing act between correctly exposing the subject and retaining detail in the bg a little more refinement in camera or time in PP can and will produce the desired renditions. Not insurmountable issues for sure.

The exposure on these seem to be mainly set for the sky as the planes look a little underexposed. While it's a fine balencing act between correctly exposing the subject and retaining detail in the bg … time in PP can and will produce the desired renditions. Not insurmountable issues for sure.

Correct most of the way. When the DR is recorded adequately, it
takes no time in PP to adjust locally through an adjustment layer.

A number of options are available 'in camera' too. Bracketing, exposure compensation and even the use of certain filters in some circumstances tho a CP may or may not have assisted in these.

A number of options are available 'in camera' too. Bracketing, exposure compensation and even the use of certain filters in some circumstances tho a CP may or may not have assisted in these.

Bracketing, on a moving object over a detailed background?

exposure compensation, yes, this is part of the "recorded adequately" I talked about.

even the use of certain filters in some circumstances tho a CP may or may not have assisted in these.
this is waaaay too vague to even consider or not commenting.

Last edited:
Bracketing, on a moving object and a detailed background?

exposure compensation, yes, this is part of the "recorded adequately" I talked about.

even the use of certain filters in some circumstances tho a CP may or may not have assisted in these.
this is waaaay too vague to even consider or not commenting.
Maybe I didn't make myself as clear as I may have done or you didn't understand fully my discourse. I merely meant to convey and offer options for in camera (as that's what I stated) in general and not specifically for these particular snaps. The mention of the CP was just another option to consider in some circumstances and that I felt one perhaps wouldn't be of benefit here. Maybe my form of words confused you but I knew what I meant (I think🙂).

You know Kodiak, that sometimes people will perceive and absorb certain elements of information contained in comments and statements made and undertake their own study and research without being spoon fed all details chapter and verse. You as a tutor, mentor and literary publication contributor, I know does understand this. It's a fantastically rewarding way to learn imo. Sew the seeds and see what grows.

Thank you.

Nice set but I'll stick my neck out to say an EV+1 would've helped towards exposing the underbelly. Like I mentioned in pm, treat planes like you would birds in flight and and increase the EV before you even take a shot. Its better to lower light afterwards. Increasing light introduces noise. GL!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back