What's new

More Pylonology...

Not bad... I think it's too dark at the top of the frame...

I Google'd it and wasn't successful... So, what the hell is Pylonology
 
when i googled it all i could find was your stuff
 
^To the people wondering what Pylonology is, he made up the word, however, the big metal thing in the photo is called a Pylon.

O/T: I like it. :)
 
Not bad... I think it's too dark at the top of the frame...

I Google'd it and wasn't successful... So, what the hell is Pylonology

I have one without the dark bit...:)

Pylonology is...well, see below...

when i googled it all i could find was your stuff

I must be the only Pylonologist in existence! ;D

^To the people wondering what Pylonology is, he made up the word, however, the big metal thing in the photo is called a Pylon.

O/T: I like it. :)

Thanks Muct. And yes, it's a made up word. :)
A long while back there was an advert for BT with the mother on the phone to someone talking about son, who'd passed a degree...she was impressed that he had an "Ology". :)
 
Boring subject but i guess this is just a casual shoot. The trees on the base of the pylon are really distracting because the pylon's legs lead your eyes down and BAM trees and stuff appear :p if it wasn't for that, good composition.
 
Boring subject but i guess this is just a casual shoot. The trees on the base of the pylon are really distracting because the pylon's legs lead your eyes down and BAM trees and stuff appear :p if it wasn't for that, good composition.

Thanks. A casual shoot as in "Taking a walk around the nature reserve and taking photos of what I see and what I like"...yes.

As for the trees, well, I liked that...the trees are part of nature, and then springing from them, there's the pylon. I set up the shot so that the lines are forming, with the pylon and trees, a triangular composition, a strong diagonal. I also included both pylons, two focal points, both somewhat on the thirds. I also decided on this shot due to the light on the trees (which I would have liked to have been a little more golden) in contrast to the nice colour of the sky, which is why I didn't crop the trees.

Now, whether my choices were correct or not is a different question. But that's what the photo was about. I take many pictures of pylons...if they are part of the landscape, they are art of the landscape. Whether we photographers (and I class myself only loosely as one) moan or clone them makes no difference. They are there...make them a feature, perhaps? besides which, the mathematician in me likes the symmetry, angle and shape here. Makes a fabulous starter for a lesson on shape. :)

Thanks for completing your post, appreciate the critique. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom