More soccer

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I told this kid he should walk on at College for football. He would make a wonderful corner or safety. He has 4.3 speed and can change direction on a dime, length, great instinct, and is a 4.0 student. Don't know how tough he is but he played every minute of that game on a challenged team. He bumped guys hard but was respectful when they hit the dirt.

31c28ce86b9286f70c56d68b4daba326.jpg

3703db898afc26b463bdbe40bfb44515.jpg

aff42b593e6e00ebb2fb6020eac0eea1.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The hardest thing about a DB is running backwards ... he needs to practice that, don't think he has the size for a cornerback ... but I'm using USC as a benchmark. 4.3 is good if he truly can stop-start-stop-turn-on-a-dime and if he has an attitude to take a hit. Soccer skills work very well with football ... just that a soccer player has to be mentally prepared to flick on a switch for the amp-ed up eight seconds of pure violence which is football. That is something you don't have in soccer.

PS- You know that generally, in a sport which uses a ball, puck, et cetera ... that if the photos doesn't sport a ball, puck, et cetera ... then it is 'typically' unpublishable ... which, to me, means it fails.

Last edited:
The hardest thing about a DB is running backwards ... he needs to practice that, don't think he has the size for a cornerback ... but I'm using USC as a benchmark. 4.3 is good if he truly can stop-start-stop-turn-on-a-dime and if he has an attitude to take a hit. Soccer skills work very well with football ... just that a soccer player has to be mentally prepared to flick on a switch for the amp-ed up eight seconds of pure violence which is football. That is something you don't have in soccer.

PS- You know that generally, in a sport which uses a ball, puck, et cetera ... that if the photos doesn't sport a ball, puck, et cetera ... then it is 'typically' unpublishable ... which, to me, means it fails.
Thanks for the tips. He would definitely need to bulk up for corner. I don't think he would do football but I threw it out there with him. I was thinking along the lines of walking on and then he gets a scholarship. I think he is going to MSU and hopes to play soccer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back