more Street Shots

SwissJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a continuation of my Street Photography thread, but I'm posting these separately for C&C. Let me know what you see. Thanks!

4596264641_a53c2c2e48_o.jpg

4596801290_86f66867be_o.jpg

Hey, man, it's Jerry!

I like the composition of both shots, the first more than the second. The first one has more movement in it, makes me want to know what he's pointing at.

Not sure I like the de-saturated look. I suppose that's a question of taste.

My biggest technical question is why did you choose the apertures you chose? I think both images could have benefited from some bokeh to make the subjects pop a little.

My biggest technical question is why did you choose the apertures you chose? I think both images could have benefited from some bokeh to make the subjects pop a little.

I'm interested to hear SwissJ answer but when i look at #2, its such bright sunlight i'd assume very wide aperture would take the exposure beyond 1/4000 iso100 - out of options without a filter (at least with my DSLR). Just an impression looking at it. A problem i have in similar situations. I agree some shallow DOF could look good.

Not sure I like the de-saturated look. I suppose that's a question of taste.

For me, I wonder why you did not just go to B&W. The desaturation is a distraction for me at this point. Why not just go all the way?

For #1 I was on shutter priority at the time focusing on something else, when some rude lady bumped into someone else and just kept walking. The guy was pointing at her. Without thinking too much I just raised my camera and fired.

For #2, yeah the sun was high and harsh, but I definitely should have opened the aperture up more. I did take the f-stop down to 9.0 thinking it would help with the background, but apparently not enough, and I was too worried to go bigger cause of the sun.

The desaturated look is from custom picture styles I created last night. I'm still experimenting with them for now, trying to create an alternative to traditional b&w.

Appreciate the comments.

Just for kicks... what do you think?

4596772127_06a8e676b4_o.jpg

Cool thanks. But since neither of you mentioned it, does that mean you didn't notice the photoshopped bokeh in #3?

Cool thanks. But since neither of you mentioned it, does that mean you didn't notice the photoshopped bokeh in #3?

Oh, sneaky little hobbitses..... ;)

I didn't notice it, but that's not bad. The photo, overall, is stronger in my eye. I was looking for color, and the background didn't stick out so I think it's better with the fake bokeh.

Most reactions

Back