More winter boredom

Casshew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wandering around the park in -11 temps today :lol:

It was my first time out with my new camera. I was using both the zoom and regular lens and playing with various standard settings (ie) snow setting, close up, landscape, but I did not attempt any custom settings.

I'm excited that they don't look too bad (to me)

be honest but don't crush me ;)

dec30-8-91.jpg

dec30-8-9.jpg

dec30-91.jpg

dec30-94.jpg

dec30-998.jpg

dec30-9991.jpg

dec30-9998.jpg

dec30-99993.jpg

dec30-9997.jpg

dec30-9999.jpg

dec30-99994.jpg

dec30-99995.jpg

dec30-9999928.jpg

I have no idea why the sun did that (with the beams) I was not trying to get that, it just happened, maybe it's a bad thing?

dec30-3.jpg

dec30-4.jpg

Last edited:
for winter pics they are very cheery ... crisp and clear too.. just one is somewhat blurred..but otherwise i like them alot..

That is a lot of photos to critique. I will say that I think that #2 would have been more interesting if you changed the focal point to the red berries. They look nice. I am going to take a closer look but in the future you might want to post 2 or 3 that you are happiest with. Fewer pictures always seem to get more responses with a better critique.

That is a lot of photos to critique. I will say that I think that #2 would have been more interesting if you changed the focal point to the red berries. They look nice. I am going to take a closer look but in the future you might want to post 2 or 3 that you are happiest with. Fewer pictures always seem to get more responses with a better critique.

Sorry for the photo overload, I was just excited to find a few that looked half decent amongst the 300 other blurry ones ;)

Here's a berry one

dec30-88.jpg

#1. The white balance looks off. The branches appear to have a blue tint to them.

#2. Like I said, I think the focus should be on the berries. At least one or the other, imo. I don't think the shot is very interesting.

#3. I like the DOF in this shot.

#4. Not really doing anything for me. It also seems a bit soft.

#5. Too much going on and no real clear subject.

#6. Very dark in the shadows at the base with blown out areas in the highlights is distracting to me. My eyes just keeps jumping to the extremes.

#7. I am not really a fan of the crop and perhaps would have been better if you could get the legs of the first bench in the shot.

#8. I like the image of the empty playground with the barren wasteland look of the ground. Perhaps use DOF to blur the background a bit. It is a little distracting, imo.

#9. This is an interesting shot imo. I think the colors came out nicely too.

#10. Not really doing anything for me.

#11. I like the repeating lines and circles in this shot.

#12. There is two much going on with the two sections of fence. It is too distracting to me.

#13. There area at the top of the frame is out of place. It appears that your intended subject is the shadows cast across the snow. A tighter crop would be better, imo.

#14. That is lens flare. It will happen when you point your camera at the sun. The photo is under exposed because if you were shooting on an automatic mode the camera tried to keep that flare from being blown out so it caused the shadows to be really dark. I actually still really like the way this shot turned out and I think that the scene is well done.

#15. This one is also underexposed in the pavilion because of the bright sky. I am a fan of using patterns so personally I like this shot.

Hopefully you didn't find that to be crushing and keep in mind, I am not a pro so take my criticism with a grain of salt. Nice set, keep shooting and enjoy. Also, you have earned some street cred by going out in -11 degree weather...you crazy Canadian. :lol:

I do like the last one with the berries! Crisp, colorful, obvious subject, contrasted against the background. The others don't do much for me. It looks like you used the flash on the one with the sun coming through the fence?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back