Moriah, NY

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So... due to "life" it's been forever since I have had a chance to get out with the camera. I finally did and then opened a now foreign program called photoshop to try to come up with some nice things. I can't even tell if I did well, so ego boosts, or nit picks are highly welcome while I get back on the horse.

Really wish this didn't have poles in it, tried to give it a painted look in PS

Moriah 1 by XI M IX, on Flickr

Wide angle, seems boring. Just trying to capture the insane view (for this area of the US anyway)

Moriah 2 by XI M IX, on Flickr

This I gave 2 edits, one for fun (dark) and one is realistic, which I think I may have over saturated? The hump drives me insane, but when I asked the earth to kindly move it just blew crazy wind at me.

Moriah 3 by XI M IX, on Flickr

Moriah 4 by XI M IX, on Flickr

The bridge from VT to NY, I'll be getting more of this on better days. This was a pull over, walk through 2 feet of snow in sneakers and a hoodie, snap, run away from the evil storm!

Crown Point by XI M IX, on Flickr

Same "300" type of edit from above, I really like this and I don't know why. The focus should be on the view, but its on the ground. I think the way the snow ended up being like plastic is what gets me. Maybe I'm just DERP

Moriah 5 by XI M IX, on Flickr

47 views, no comments. That's never good. Back to the drawing board.

Bridge has possibilities. Maybe a little less foreground.

Not bad, but these don't really do much for me - nothing jumps out and says - A HA, gotcha. My only comment is that in 2,3 and 4, the horizon, such as it is, is almost in the middle of the image. This is not something that is usually desirable in landscapes images.

WesternGuy

Oh wow! These are exquisite. Thank you so much for sharing them.

Not bad, but these don't really do much for me - nothing jumps out and says - A HA, gotcha. My only comment is that in 2,3 and 4, the horizon, such as it is, is almost in the middle of the image. This is not something that is usually desirable in landscapes images.

WesternGuy

I probably should have mentioned that these were all uncropped since I am still playing with them. I do know the rule of 3rds and use it 99% of the time, facepalm to me for posting uncropped pics

Most reactions

Back