Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lakebw.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_2027-Edit.jpg
    DSC_2027-Edit.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
I just did another version of this with a heavier crop which I actually like better. Any thoughts folks?
DSC_2027-Edit-2.jpg

Not usually too keen on nature conversions but these have an interesting ink plate etchings look to them.

The crop version is the stronger composition. I assume you wanted it to lack middle tones. Personally, I wonder what it would look like if it had some gray tones...

I like the cropped version better. Good job. Nothing much past the reeds to look at with any value in the 1st. If it were a color pic the bg may've been worthy of keeping.

Last edited:
I think the cropped version is much more interesting. The bird silhouettes stand out much better.

Not usually too keen on nature conversions but these have an interesting ink plate etchings look to them.
Thanks, I liked the ink plate look myself

The crop version is the stronger composition. I assume you wanted it to lack middle tones. Personally, I wonder what it would look like if it had some gray tones...
I agree, the cropped version is stronger. I wasn't concerned about the middle tones. I liked the "ink plate etching" look as Space Face described it.

I like the cropped version better. Good job. Nothing much past the reeds to look at with any value in the 1st. If it were a color pic the bg may've had been worthy of keeping.
Thanks Kirk. Yep, I think you assessment is spot on

I think the cropped version is much more interesting. The bird silhouettes stand out much better.
Thanks Pete. The cropped version wins out.

Thanks, I liked the ink plate look myself

I agree, the cropped version is stronger. I wasn't concerned about the middle tones. I liked the "ink plate etching" look as Space Face described it.

I like the cropped version better. Good job. Nothing much past the reeds to look at with any value in the 1st. If it were a color pic the bg may've had been worthy of keeping.
Thanks Kirk. Yep, I think you assessment is spot on

Thanks Pete. The cropped version wins out.

Looks different on the PC vs phone. Nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back