Cyber Surfer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ez-photo.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
5D-24-05-2010_0051.jpg

The ice was just beginning to melt and the colour of the water was coming through. Taken with a Canon EOS 5D Classic and a Canon EF 17-40mm F4.0 L lens with Singh Ray Circular Polarizer.

Last edited:
Roy
That is a spectacular location, just beautiful.

Were you hiking, or close to the road?

yeah, very cool i like the green water, definitely a unique image i think the singh ray is what made the image for ya.. if you have one wihtout the filter you should post the comparisons.. i'd even send it to singh ray if it's a dramatic comparison

Mike Leggero

http://www.michaelleggero.com

Roy! It's great to see you around here again. :D

Great shot, I love how it's a different from the other million shots of Moraine Lake that we see.

Do they clear the trail when there is snow on it? If they do, it's probably only when the lodge is open.
I can imagine that the short hike up there would be fairly treacherous with even a little bit of snow & ice.

Roy! It's great to see you around here again. :D

Great shot, I love how it's a different from the other million shots of Moraine Lake that we see.

Do they clear the trail when there is snow on it? If they do, it's probably only when the lodge is open.
I can imagine that the short hike up there would be fairly treacherous with even a little bit of snow & ice.

Actually Mike, the Moraine Lake area is closed to the public traffic after October 15th until the long weekend in May for Cross Country Skiing ONLY.

I wish it was open year round, but the quantities of snow make the roads totally impassible to vehicles. The road in from Lake Louise is 11 km and narrow, but paved.

The climb is not bad, despite being an old F&*rt! lol

I knew that the lodge is closed during the winter, and I assumed that they wouldn't plow the road in during that time either.

I was just wondering about the 'trail' from the lodge/parking lot, up to the top of the rocks where this (and most other) photos are taken from. Do they clear that trail of snow when the lodge is open?

You seem to have gotten out in front of those darned trees, you must have gotten off the trail as well.

I knew that the lodge is closed during the winter, and I assumed that they wouldn't plow the road in during that time either.

I was just wondering about the 'trail' from the lodge/parking lot, up to the top of the rocks where this (and most other) photos are taken from. Do they clear that trail of snow when the lodge is open?

You seem to have gotten out in front of those darned trees, you must have gotten off the trail as well.

To the right or North of the normal viewing bench and the trees, there is a new lookout spot with no trees in the way. Much preferred by me and easily accessible.

I suspect that when the lodge and roads are closed, there is no snow removal anywhere, but I have never had difficulties getting to the top of the rock slide at any time. So far in my experience, the only snow is on the mountains while the pathways have been clear.

Hope this helps Mike!

To the right or North of the normal viewing bench and the trees, there is a new lookout spot with no trees in the way. Much preferred by me and easily accessible.
Ah, that explains it. I guess that's good news for all the people walking up there to take photos, but on the other hand, I liked that someone really had to work to get a good angle shot without the trees.

its a beautiful shot and place the water is stunning

Most reactions

Back