Most Daring Thing ?

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
What is a daring activity you've done ?
It could be anything from the adrenaline-surging activities such as bungy-jumping , skydiving , swimming with sharks , abseiling etc ...
Or even things such as acting in a stage play , doing a stand-up comedy routine for an audience , public speech etc ......?

If ya havent done anything yet , what is something you would like to try .....?

Holy cow artemis! that sig is huuuge! Might want to size that down a tad.

I think the most daring thing I've done was got up to nearly 60 mph on my mountain bike on a long steep hill (on gravel) I had my speedometer and friend driving in a truck behind me to validate that. Bike was shaking and looking back, probably a stupid thing. I couldn't imagine crashing at that speed.

Flying would be pretty cool ... would love to fly one day .... whether it be piloting my own lil plane or skydiving .. anything air involved anyway ;).

Gonna make it a goal to do that ( probably skydive) within the next year... its expensive but worth it.

Arrite. The most daring thing I ever did was speak in front of 60 people at my wedding. Then I went overseas to four different countries. After that, I spoke at my mate's wedding in front of 120 people.

Doesn't sound like much does it? Unfortunately, I suffer panic attacks. I honestly feel like I am going to die. Oh, intellectually I know it's not likely but when you are sweating and shaking and tingling in the arms and legs and your vision is swimming - anyway, I am proud that I did it.

I climbed this http://www.southwestlife.com.au/outdoors0104.htm tree. All the way from the bottom, all the way to the top! It's the scariest thing I've done but it was very special. (It was done on my trip to Australia) It took about 1/2 hour to talk myself into starting the climb and then someone had to talk me through parts of it. Coming down was no picnic, either!

By the way, 2S2D, public speaking is one of the most feared things. It's one I share with you! Maybe it was a little easier for you to speak at your wedding because you were distracted and in love.

photobug said:
I thought the most daring thing I'd ever done was get married. Until I had children...
LOL, I'll second that one! :shock:

I've been:

Mountian biking (almost day in and day out for 10 years and i still get a thrill)

Paragliding (in Switzerland, I think skydiving would freak me out more, at least with paragliding your chute is open before you jump).

Rock climbing (I did this a lot as a school activity).

wow arti that was frightening! The most daring thing... hmm ... I took my snowboard on the highest mountain in the area where I lived during my winter holidays, I closed my eyes and... rode (?spelling!) down on my board. but I also played on the stage in theatre in front of real people complete stranger to me. I played with actors.... and I was a tv presenter for half a year :p

Most reactions

Back