Most Frustrating Thing About Running a Photography Business?

benzwm02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am just curious to see what you thought was the most frustrating part of running a photography business?
I know I have my ideas, just curious to see what is frustrating other people?

Cancelations .

Customers that expect to pay a Walmart price for a custom made, luxury grade product.

That's simple to answer - CUSTOMERS.

I work in the film and television industry, so I have to deal with film producers as clients.... they never seem to understand that flying in 5 to 10 actors, taking 3 weeks to build a set, dressing the set with rented props and decor, putting the talent up in hotels, setting up a dozen or more lights with modifiers and grip gear all over the place, running power, having craft service available, scheduling everything, designing everything, purchasing everything, getting hair / makeup /wardrobe hired and sorted out, and then taking it all apart etc, etc... and then post processing... is somehow more than a couple of days of work for one guy. It boggles my mind that people with years and years of experience in my own industry have no idea whatsoever what it takes to create the thing that they are asking for. I love doing it, but man, those people frustrate the hell out of me....

I tried to tell one customer that a super cheap television/video segment to produce would start at $1,000 per minute and go up exponentially from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back