Most Recent 2 Senior Photo Shoots

My_RubySlippers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First post on here as I have take a photography hiatus due to a faulty (now gone) camera. One session was my cousin and the other was a family friend who I did his brother's photos years ago (and feel horribly about how much I've improved since then). I've included the elder brother's photo at the end to illustrate the improvement. These are preliminary edits just to start to tweak the images how I want, but any feedback and ideas are appreciated.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Way too many images for which to provide detailed critique, but in general the poses work, but all, and especially the second set suffer from serious exposure issues. They rather look as if they were shot with available light only and the then exposures raised to compensate. In the last two he has very bad racoon eyes. While you can shoot out of doors with available light only, it takes a fair amount of skill and planning. Throwing a couple of strobes into the mix will make your life much, much, much easier!

I'm seeing some focus issues too. They look pretty soft. Definitely get a couple speedlights and modifiers. Off camera flash is not as complex as it would seem.

While you can shoot out of doors with available light only, it takes a fair amount of skill and planning.
Plus reflectors, scrims, and diffusers to put light where it's needed or not wanted if you don't use flash.

Since we can't adjust the Sun, it's almost impossible to shoot high quality portraits outdoors without some way to manage the light.
Minimalist Lighting: Professional Techniques for Location Photography
On-Camera Flash: Techniques for Digital Wedding and Portrait Photography
Off-Camera Flash: Techniques for Digital Photographers
Lighting & Design for Portrait Photography: Direction & Quality of Light

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back