Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, this year I am completely stumped on what to get my Mom for Mother's Day. We are spending Saturday and Sunday with the family which will be nice.
We live about an hour and a half from my family and between work and school schedules we don't get to see each other as often as we would like.

What are you all doing for Mother's Day? Any special gifts for Mom?

My mom still lives in Michigan, so she's had to make do for years with a little basket of flowers or a plant. She keeps a busier social schedule than I do; it can be hard to catch her the phone some days - we all celebrated when she gave in and went online so we could email her. :lol:

Ours was on the 6th March. I went halves with my sister and got a gold charm braclet with "Footprints In The Sand" on the back of each charm.

I'm going to my Mom's in Las Vegas, which is about 5 hours from Long Beach. She doesn't want any gifts, she just wants to spend time with us. She thinks that Mothers Day is just a "Hallmark" hoilday and you shouldn't be nice only on one day.

I was lucky enough to find a hand carved wooded box. She usually gets a piece of my art and flowers, but this year I decided to give her someone elses art. It's very cool lookin...i almost want it myself but it isn't Robbie's Day ...unforetunately. I could really use one- a day for me that is.

I'm in canada, can i respond!
What am I doing? Working at a flower shop so sending out of of those flowers!
Hoping to get to spend a few minutes with my kids on sunday if we can get all of those flowers and plants and goodie baskets where thay are supposed to be in time!

I didn't realize it's the same day in Canada :)

My Mom is a master gardner and worked for many years in florist shops and I remember her telling my Dad, "Don't ever, ever get me flowers for Mother's Day" :lol: Hope you get some time with you children!

It's mother's day in Australia and France as well tomorrow! Yay!
My mum is getting a phone call from me! Aww arent I just a great daughter.

in Poland it is on 26th MAy... and I dunno what to buy :(

Traci said:
I'm going to my Mom's in Las Vegas, which is about 5 hours from Long Beach. She doesn't want any gifts, she just wants to spend time with us. She thinks that Mothers Day is just a "Hallmark" hoilday and you shouldn't be nice only on one day.

Thinking: Have I got a secret child called Traci somewhere in the States? Or should there be yet another mother around thinking my exact thoughts about Mother's Day????

For, even though tomorrow, 8 May, is Mother's Day in Germany, too, I don't want anyone to do anything about it. No *stomping foot*.

LaFoto... I should talk to your kids then :) that's shame NOT to take some wonderful pictures of their mommy during Mother's Day :)

They won't be HERE!
My daughter's been in Berlin since Thursday night swimming the North German Championships (not performing at her best as I could detect from the minutes that are already published in the internet) and is only due back late tomorrow (more night than evening, I guess), and my son's leaving to a duathlon championship very early tomorrow morning (duathlon is "only" running and cycling, with no swimming involved). Leaves only my husband, who also and with great regularity forgets our wedding anniversary. How should HE remember that it's Mother's Day tomorrow. So: no Mother's Day for me!
(My best friend from school times has just sent me e-mail and is ending it with the words "Well, I still remember so well what you think about Mother's Day, so I will only wish you a nice Sunday").

haha... well now I see that it is going to be a normal Sunday then. But, you'll see that they will not completely forget about Mother's Day. :):):)

Well today I worked from 7am till 8pm but tommorow it's only 11am till 4pm I hope!;) I'm getting overtime for mothers day!

Well, my parents had to move me this weekend from college... so I feel kinda bad. But... I found this antanna ball and it's kinda a running thing with my mom so I think she will like it... I just have to find it... In all the.. boxes. Ek!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back