Motocross photos from today

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, so I've posted motocross photos before, and gotten some harsh C&C. But I've got thick skin, so I took everyone's (well...almost everyone's) advice and went back out today to have another go at it. Here are a few shots I got today. C&C would be great, I'm doing my best to improve my photos every time I shoot at this track!

1.)
DSC0514-X2.jpg

2.)
DSC0683-X2.jpg

3.)
DSC0608-X2.jpg

4.)
DSC0488-X2.jpg

5.)
DSC0086-X2.jpg

I'm a total newbie, but the things that stick out to me are the cropping (I wish I could see the ground so you could see how much height they're getting on the jumps) and that the images are kinda blurry.

I'm not saying I am the best on the forum, but I did get paid twice this season for photo sessions done at moto-x events. In order 1. good photo however air photos should be cropped in landscape. Just my experience other than that it's a good shot. 2. trees in the background distract from the rider - lighting is just bad, pick a better location. 3. Cropping is off. It's a box - does nothing for capturing the moment and you're not low enough - imho. 4. Trees in the background distract from the subject - getting lower with the sky only in the background would help. Sammie was nice in giving feedback but seeing the jump doesn't really help in air shots. 5. Races are won in the turns, if you cropped to portrait, you would cut out the Yamaha in the upper right and would be tight up on the subject / rider. I have included three shots below for reference. I hope this helps !

DSC2381-XL.jpg

CR-Sample-XL.jpg

CR-sample2-L.jpg

I don't necessarily agree that all jump shots should be in landscape. But to each his own with that one. As far as getting lower on the other 2, I was literally laying on the ground, couldn't get lower If I tried. And I couldn't safely get any closer the the track. The only reason there are no trees in the one jump shot is that he simply went higher.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back