Motorbikes and camera transport..... ideas?

elle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just wondering if anyone had a neat way of carrying their camera when they are riding. At the moment I'm absolutely paranoid if I fall off I'm going to smash into little bits. So does anyone know any good backpacks with hard cases that are also comfortable?

Just wondering what everyone else did?

Elle,

What kind of bike? I ride a sport bike (Honda 900RR) and use a tank bag. Line the bottom with a folded soft cloth and pack more soft cloths around the camera and lens. This gives you all the freedom to move about when riding and also gives you quick access to the camera when needed. Some tank bags have a quick release so you can take it with you if you stop for lunch.

I use my saddle bags to carry camera equipment. I pad the camera(s) in some bubble wrap and put it in the bag. Carrying it on your back will tire you faster.

I had the smart idea of getting a KTM 640SM :lovey:, they aren't really luggage friendly. So I thought of figured I had to carry it on my person. My storage compartment I have the luxury of being able to carry a 375ml can of coke in it and that's it.

So hence why I was wondering about backpacks with some what of a hard casing?

Thanks for the ideas but!

lol Try fitting a tank bag to this!:banghead:

06.jpg

Elle,
First off very cool bike

I can see where it would be difficult to carry a camera but there is good news. KTM has a line of accessories for the enduro bikes. They offer a tank bag, I've read that they are a little wide and kind of get in the way when you stand up on the pegs but you'll have to see if it would work for you. Also Wolfman makes a smaller one, the Wolfman Enduro is about 9 inches long 5.5 inches wide and 7 3/8 -3.5 inches high. It's made so that it doesn't interfere with the gas cap or the vent tube. Another neat thing about tank bags is that they have a clear pocket on top that you can slide a map into. http://www.wolfmanluggage.com

I hope this helps good luck

It makes me slightly concerned that you say the thing your worried about if you fall off is your camera breaking? Shouldnt you be more worried about your body breaking? Just my input.

It makes me slightly concerned that you say the thing your worried about if you fall off is your camera breaking? Shouldnt you be more worried about your body breaking? Just my input.

people sometimes bounce better than cameras.... also my body is essentially self healing.... i havent seen a camera that does that yet..

Elle,
First off very cool bike

I can see where it would be difficult to carry a camera but there is good news. KTM has a line of accessories for the enduro bikes. They offer a tank bag, I've read that they are a little wide and kind of get in the way when you stand up on the pegs but you'll have to see if it would work for you. Also Wolfman makes a smaller one, the Wolfman Enduro is about 9 inches long 5.5 inches wide and 7 3/8 -3.5 inches high. It's made so that it doesn't interfere with the gas cap or the vent tube. Another neat thing about tank bags is that they have a clear pocket on top that you can slide a map into. http://www.wolfmanluggage.com

I hope this helps good luck

oh cool! that sounds like a good idea. I'm going test riding tomorrow I'll ask the guys in the store if they've heard of them. thanks!

Most reactions

Back