Motorsport back under way! BTCC @ Brands Hatch

Az_GTi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ae-photography.co.uk
Was at a chilly Brands Hatch on Saturday for the start of the new BTCC (and Support) season! Crowds were a little less than I expected but the on-track action was full, particularly the Clio's which had over 50 entries!! Lots of practice and qualifying with 3 races to end the day, Porsche and Clio's.

Here's a few compressed "forum friendly sized" photos...

#1 James Pickford gets his foot down out of Paddock...
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_310307_AE_7825_Small.jpg

#2 Running a little bit wide...
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_310307_AE_7856_Small.jpg

#3 John George loses control and eventually crashes into the Paddock tyre wall...
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_310307_AE_7946_Small.jpg

#4 Formula BMW approaching Druids...
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_310307_AE_8184_Small.jpg

#5 Mr Bell locks up appraoching Druids...
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_310307_AE_8224_Small.jpg

#6 Jason Plato pushing hard into Druids... now this shot was actually taken using my mates Nikon D70 and Sigma 24-70 (I think) Sigma lens. Not as good as the Canon lol
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_310307_AE_0019_Small.jpg

#7 Mr Brows Clio end up in the Paddock tyre barrier...
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_310307_AE_8456_Small.jpg

The season is now definately back under way!!!

If you would like you can view more and larger versions here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/310307.html (be patient, may take a few seconds to load)

C&C welcome as ever, cheers :)

Some nice shots here. I especially like #1 and #4. You work for Autosport? ;)

Az, how ar eyou able to get that close to the track with out fences in the way?

You have a press pass? I so can you get me in on a Super Bike or WSB? I'd love to take some shots of those guys close up

Thanks GoM :)

Az, how ar eyou able to get that close to the track with out fences in the way?

You have a press pass? I so can you get me in on a Super Bike or WSB? I'd love to take some shots of those guys close up
Brands Hatch is pretty good for being "close" to the action plus the infield doesn't have any high fences in the way (yet). I shoot with the Canon 100-400 which is just about long enough, but the fences are still a pain... I have to work around them ;)

god, i wish i had the opertunity to photograph motorsports..not much in portland oregon, anyway loverly shots :D

god, i wish i had the opertunity to photograph motorsports..not much in portland oregon, anyway loverly shots :D

you'd be surprised. There may not be any official tracks, but you can find AutoX style racing in any town or city with a parking lot. They just use cones to create the track in a large open space.

But without a raceway, you aren't going to find a true road course like pictured above.

PS Your sig is way to big. You need to delete some of the space in between the different lines.

didnt even click till i just looked at it, meh ok.

Not to mention that Brands Hatch is a pretty legendary circuit...or from what I hear from this side of the pond ;)

Thanks GoM :)

Brands Hatch is pretty good for being "close" to the action plus the infield doesn't have any high fences in the way (yet). I shoot with the Canon 100-400 which is just about long enough, but the fences are still a pain... I have to work around them ;)

I've never been on the infield during a meeting! Clearly I'll have to give it a try. Although last time I went to see World Super Bikes there was 120k people there so getting a clear shot may have been a problem.

3 and 4 are great shots BTW

Thanks for the heads up on Brands, I'm going to have a look at the bike calender today

Not to mention that Brands Hatch is a pretty legendary circuit...or from what I hear from this side of the pond ;)
Yeh it's pretty well known and the drivers seem to like it, particularly the GP circuit. Used to be the Formula One British GP until 1986. I've actually driven around the Indy circuit in an open wheel race car, it's definately good fun - until I went off at Druids!!! Oops :lmao:

I've never been on the infield during a meeting! Clearly I'll have to give it a try. Although last time I went to see World Super Bikes there was 120k people there so getting a clear shot may have been a problem.

3 and 4 are great shots BTW

Thanks for the heads up on Brands, I'm going to have a look at the bike calender today
That's why I tend to go on the QLF days, racedays are really busy and nobody like being poked in the head by someone trying to take photos! British Superbikes is this weekend... usually some good action :)

Thanks for the heads up on teh bikes but I have my kids this weekend so its a no go - bugger

Most reactions

Back