motorway dusk photo

mfacer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattfacer.com
was playing about with my ND filter, and a good 30 second exposure... here's the result... there is a slight blurring which I think came from me pressing the actual button to take the shot.... really need to invest in a shutter release cable switch!!

a34 bypass dusk 2_border.jpg

I never thought to use the timer! Although, I'd still have to actually press the "take" button for it to activate!? Been looking at the canon remotes - you can time these to around 100 hours!

mfacer said:
I never thought to use the timer! Although, I'd still have to actually press the "take" button for it to activate!? Been looking at the canon remotes - you can time these to around 100 hours!

Usually it will stop shaking by the time the shutter releases. If you can adjust the timer, set it to 10 or 20 seconds, and it'll be steady almost for certain.

I wouldn't recommend using a digital camera for a 100 hour shot. Your pixels will overheat like freckles on a 14-year-old fast food worker.

Nice picture...the timer trick was one of the first "tricks" I figured out on my own. I was so proud.

Honestly, I don't think the blur is too bad. Nice capture.

Most reactions

Back