Movie poster style band promo.. uh..

Looks Beautiful, Im gonna have to agree about the text, your gonna have to do it in a way that it wont make two seperate images, so possibly a way to draw the eye down through the rest of the image...

Great work, although I'm not too fond of the grey cloud-ish background on the top image. I also agree that the makeup looks a little heavy (especially on the second guy).

Love the light and shadows on the bottom image - really cool.

You should try some different things with the text to see what works - small sans serif font, maybe small lines of text cascading down on slightly different diagonals, maybe lines of centered text wider at the top than the bottom to funnel the eye down while keeping the sides empty so as not to imply a separation?

Good work!

Nice "shot" !! I would have never guessed that the top four are stacked! Ya, as mentioned, it would almost seems a waste to put text in there... but then it is a poster.

Bad news, they weren't satisfied! :p They didn't think it represented their type of music. So I have to redo like everything. Or at least the lower half of the poster (which is the one I like).

And yes they have too much makeup. I didn't really like the idea of having the second guy's girlfriend as makeup artist anyway.. It took her 2 HOURS to finish her job, which saved me 5-10 minutes of retouching in Photoshop (which would have looked better probably). And they had a deadline so she wasted so much time, bleh. And it doesn't look professional at all. meh..

The composition, texture of the whole thing, and tones make them look they're a really cheesy christian rock band.

If that's what they are, then I think you succeed, but if not.. I don't want to sound mean, its just that everything about it makes me want to vomit. It's soooooooooooo cheeeeeezzzzyyyy!!!!!!!

What do they sound like? I think that would help us out alot.

I can completely understand your frustration. They were probably looking for something alot edgier, like what Joey Lawrence does. More contrast, directional, hard light, bright kickers, more movement.

Last edited:
The composition, texture of the whole thing, and tones make them look they're a really cheesy christian rock band.

If that's what they are, then I think you succeed, but if not.. I don't want to sound mean, its just that everything about it makes me want to vomit. It's soooooooooooo cheeeeeezzzzyyyy!!!!!!!

What do they sound like? I think that would help us out alot.

I can completely understand your frustration. They were probably looking for something alot edgier, like what Joey Lawrence does. More contrast, directional, hard light, bright kickers, more movement.

Agreed. The top part of the photo made me think the SAME thing, either a cheesy rock band, or maybe even a faux-cheese-gimmick thing. Their boring expressions, the heavy makeup and slightly overprocessed skintones add to the cheese.

The bottom photo, with the highlight in the city, is wonderful. Love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back