MP of Used Camera

JMack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So with some extra Christmas cash I'm looking at purchasing a used DSLR.

I'm not asking for recommendations as to brand or model, I have some clear ideas I what I'd like and what's available.

The camera is likely to be used as the family camera as well as some outdoor photos. I also write part time for a bicycle magazine, so shooting some races is very likely as well.

The question is is there a huge difference between say a 6MP camera and an 8 MP camera? Is that extra money better spent on the better body or saved for extra glass, flash, case, etc.

So with some extra Christmas cash I'm looking at purchasing a used DSLR.

I'm not asking for recommendations as to brand or model, I have some clear ideas I what I'd like and what's available.

The camera is likely to be used as the family camera as well as some outdoor photos. I also write part time for a bicycle magazine, so shooting some races is very likely as well.

The question is is there a huge difference between say a 6MP camera and an 8 MP camera? Is that extra money better spent on the better body or saved for extra glass, flash, case, etc.
For your use 6 MP is plenty. Good photographs are more a function of a good glass and the skill of the photographer anyway.

Pro glass always prevails over MPs IMO.

Pro glass 4MP (1dmk1) iso1250
319799395_aitGo-L.jpg

Nice pic. Too bad it's not a cyclocross race. ;)

Nice. Ever upload any of them here?

Most reactions

Back