What's new

Multiple Exposure Help - D7000

brian_f2.8

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
60
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im trying something new(to me) with my camera. Im able to merge 2 photos together into one exposure. Is it possible to do more than 3? Like 10 maybe?

How can I get one image into another. Say a texture into the outline of a person(silhouette)? Is this my camera settings? I have only tried a few images. When I get time, Ill load up a few to help more but anyone that has done this before should be able to give a few pointers.

If I want a silhouette should I shoot for that kind of an image like f16 into a back light? Im on google search and looking for inspiration.
 
Two is the limit for in-camera work. More than that, and you need to do it in post.
 
I can do 3 but I have seen some really good ones doing more exposure. Of course I think I'd need a D4. Im at the bottom of the learning curve now but Ill invest some time. Just looking for some help.
 
I can do 3 but I have seen some really good ones doing more exposure. Of course I think I'd need a D4. Im at the bottom of the learning curve now but Ill invest some time. Just looking for some help.
Why do you want to do it in-camera rather than in-post?
 
+1.

Any in-the-camera editing gives you little in the way of editing options.

All of Nikon's entry-level cameras are limited to 3 multiple exposures, and 3 bracketed exposures. (page 152 of the D7000 user's manual)
All of Nikon's prosumer/pro cameras allow up to 10 multiple exposures, and 9 bracketed exposures.
 
I can do 3 but I have seen some really good ones doing more exposure. Of course I think I'd need a D4. Im at the bottom of the learning curve now but Ill invest some time. Just looking for some help.
Why do you want to do it in-camera rather than in-post?

this is a photo forum not a graphics forum. i want to learn more of what the camera can do rather than PS.

if i want to pan a car then i shoot it at a 1/30th of a second, not 1/2000 then add motion blur
 
I can do 3 but I have seen some really good ones doing more exposure. Of course I think I'd need a D4. Im at the bottom of the learning curve now but Ill invest some time. Just looking for some help.
Why do you want to do it in-camera rather than in-post?

this is a photo forum not a graphics forum. i want to learn more of what the camera can do rather than PS.

if i want to pan a car then i shoot it at a 1/30th of a second, not 1/2000 then add motion blur
There's no need to get defensive. I was just wondering.

Now go delete all your post processing software, and never ask any questions about post processing on this PHOTO FORUM, photography purist. In fact, just go back to film and leave the digital age to those of us that can handle living in it. :er:
 
Why do you want to do it in-camera rather than in-post?

this is a photo forum not a graphics forum. i want to learn more of what the camera can do rather than PS.

if i want to pan a car then i shoot it at a 1/30th of a second, not 1/2000 then add motion blur
There's no need to get defensive. I was just wondering.

Now go delete all your post processing software, and never ask any questions about post processing on this PHOTO FORUM, photography purist. In fact, just go back to film and leave the digital age to those of us that can handle living in it. :er:

talk about defensive - WOW please leave this thread you are not helping. im learning what i want in camera and what i want in PS
 
Basically, your in-camera ability simply 'stacks' the images together, much like viewing 2 or 3 slides together. You can't mask or do 'layers' like you can in post.

For instance, if you're taking photos of a bride in her white dress at the beach, and you want to combine a wide-angle, full-length shot of the entire dress with a close-up of the bride with her flowers in the upper corner, the blue sky & clouds in the first shot will appear right along with the bust shot in the second.
 
Basically, your in-camera ability simply 'stacks' the images together, much like viewing 2 or 3 slides together. You can't mask or do 'layers' like you can in post.

For instance, if you're taking photos of a bride in her white dress at the beach, and you want to combine a wide-angle, full-length shot of the entire dress with a close-up of the bride with her flowers in the upper corner, the blue sky & clouds in the first shot will appear right along with the bust shot in the second.
Unless you create and work with masks while shooting, which is a chore, especially for complex masking.
 
talk about defensive - WOW please leave this thread you are not helping. im learning what i want in camera and what i want in PS

Googles, YouTube... about to go do that right now. Interesting topic though.
 
this is a photo forum not a graphics forum.
Doh! In part it is.
Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery
A place to show off your post processing skills, with explanations on how you achieved the results, including specialty images such as HDR. Share information and techniques using Adobe's Photoshop and other popular graphics software.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom