Munchkin from Wizard of Oz

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
While at the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, IL last week, I meet one of the celebrities, Jerry Maren. Jerry co-starred in one of the old George Reeve "Superman" TV series called the "Mole People" from space. Jerry was also the "Lolly Pop Kid" in the Wizard of Oz movie. Jerry is one of the 124 munchkins that were in the movie. Only 8 survive today. Jerry is 87 yrs old. He attended the event with his wife. They are about 3 ft tall. I took this photo while Jerry was outside taking a break. He was unaware that I was taking his picture. I didn't have control over the scene for the capture. With a little editing this is the final result. Hope you appreciate Jerry's photo. Thanks for looking! C/C welcome.

Jerry-Maren--3094-07-0608.jpg

I don't think that you could have asked for a better pose than that. Great work! I think you cought him in a very special moment, because at his age and stamina, you don't see people like him in this active mood that he was in here. Again, great work!

Jerry's wife was in a non-posable stand on his left plus there was a lot distraction from windows. I had a choice to crop that out or or the door. I opted to leave the door although I cropped most of it out. Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.

Mysteryscribe: I took no offense to your comment about the doorway. I appreciate ideas & constructive critisim because that is how I learn. That doorway bothered me a little, too, but that was about all I could with it. Again, thanks!

Most reactions

Back