Murudeshwara: World's Second largest Shiva Idol encircled by world's third largest eagle

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Murudeshwara, the world's Second largest Shiva idol being encircled by a white bellied sea eagle, world's third largest eagle species!

20114181841_da96a0e8e5_c.jpg

Last edited:
Cool - I think it might be worth removing that little bit of statue lower right foreground.

Cool - I think it might be worth removing that little bit of statue lower right foreground.
That idol is called Nandi, a bull which worships lord shiva and is also his ride. You walk into any shiva temple, and you'll find a bull's statue for sure; I didn't remove it as I thought it adds to the story. Do you still think I should remove it, or does it make sense to keep it? :confused-72:

Hmmm... I get your point; as an outsider, what I'm seeing is a "bit of something" in the corner which is distracting. I think more or none of it would be good.

Hmmm... I get your point; as an outsider, what I'm seeing is a "bit of something" in the corner which is distracting. I think more or none of it would be good.
Hmm.. I'll check if I have any shot from which I can stitch more of it or else I'll get rid of it.. Thanks John! :1247:

Agreed. Either more of the bull statue, or none of it. As it is, whether you know why it's there or not, it looks accidental to your photo. Either have enough of it in there that it's clear it is part of the story, and not just a tidbit that happened to get in the photo--or remove it.
The photo is quite strong without it. I'm really not certain that including more of the bull would make the photo any stronger, since the real emphasis here is in the Shiva and the eagle. Add in more of Nandi, and you *may* enhance that part of the photo, but imo it will detract somewhat from the eagle circling Shiva.

Agreed. Either more of the bull statue, or none of it. As it is, whether you know why it's there or not, it looks accidental to your photo. Either have enough of it in there that it's clear it is part of the story, and not just a tidbit that happened to get in the photo--or remove it.
The photo is quite strong without it. I'm really not certain that including more of the bull would make the photo any stronger, since the real emphasis here is in the Shiva and the eagle. Add in more of Nandi, and you *may* enhance that part of the photo, but imo it will detract somewhat from the eagle circling Shiva.
Thanks Sharon, makes a lot of sense to me. This is why I post so often here, changed the original post! :)

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: I has going crazy trying to find the bull statue, I looked and looked! But I just couldn't find what you guys were talking about at all! Just to find about you removed it!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You should really add this into your photo, it's the worlds largest ball of twine!!! http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/c2/db/b0/the-world-s-largest-ball.jpg:biggrin-93:

I really like the photo, great job!:)

I googled it, and a quote from a website about the twine:
The twine is not without controversy: twine ball purists complain that, much like running the marathon, twine balling should be an individual pursuit.

People have way too much free time these days! :lol: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Thanks Gallagher! :)

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: I has going crazy trying to find the bull statue, I looked and looked! But I just couldn't find what you guys were talking about at all! Just to find about you removed it!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You should really add this into your photo, it's the worlds largest ball of twine!!! http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/c2/db/b0/the-world-s-largest-ball.jpg:biggrin-93:

I really like the photo, great job!:)

I googled it, and a quote from a website about the twine:
The twine is not without controversy: twine ball purists complain that, much like running the marathon, twine balling should be an individual pursuit.

People have way too much free time these days! :lol: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Thanks Gallagher! :)

Other people have too much spare time! But I have no spare time at all!!! ;)

Most reactions

Back