Muskrat Love (pic heavy)

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I went out for a walk at just the right time to catch some Muskrat Looooove :)

When I got to the pond I saw the two of them going back and forth between the reeds on one side and her den. It was the first time I'd seen two.

IMG_3660-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

After a short time of him bringing fresh reeds to the den she disappeared and I kept hearing a whining like a little dog as he searched in the reeds for her. Finally she came out...

IMG_3856-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

And that's when the loooove started lol.

IMG_3864-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

She would swim off circling around the pond and he would chase to find her, this went on for about 15 minutes.

IMG_3950-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Finally she made her way back into her den and he did a victory lap coming right past me before he disappeared too.

IMG_3731-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

IMG_3739-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Very nice set! And informative.

Thanks Brian :) it was pretty dicy keeping focus on them with the clear reflections, it was...fun lol

You simply can't beat behaviour shots, I love those the most in any wildlife shots. First for me to see this and of course, a beautiful part of nature ;). Love the closer shots, nice effects on the water and the colours are great to see. Excellent work and yep, you learn something new every day.

All the best Judi.

Danny.

Thanks Danny :) I agree, while I love great critter shots seeing and catching behaviours is so cool!

I wish I could have gotten closer shots on all of them but they were pushing my 100-400 to its upper limits for sure! I was so happy when he did the victory lap for the last two! He was so close I couldn't get his tail in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back