Muskrat Settings Help

Duh
IMG_9645.jpg

That picture is way too busy and confusing for me...

Is this the same lens as the other posts?
The subject is over exposed and most of the pic very soft or slightly out of focus.

Yes, it is the same lens, Aperture Priority, 1/160, F8, ISO 1600. By this time the light was bright and I was looking back into it. I should have backed off the ISO. The Muskrat was coing at me. I took a series of pics, was very dissappointed, this was the best.

I'm starting to suspect your lens may be the culpret! your AF may be out of whack! I looked at the exif info, depite the high ISO the pic should be sharper.

Did you see all my threads, I think I have 4 going, geese, mallards, morning doe and muskrat. Something is up, I should be getting much better pics than I am

Yes I looked at them all, They are all very soft, makes me suspect the lens.

I have another lens I can play with. The one I used was an EF-S 55-250 F4-5.6 with IS. I also have an EF 75-300 F4-5.6.

It almost seems like I can get good pics up close at 200mm but not at a distance. The greater the distance the worse it is. By up close I mean using it in a macro sense like flowers.

It is getting pretty frustrating

Not to imply anything: I manage to do this a lot: are you sure that you're lens is set to AF? It might be on MF by mistake...

One thing to consider: Is the IS enabled in this shot? Not sure how Canon works, but Nikon's VR needs a second or two to stabilize, at least my 18-200mm VR does. If you take the photo before the VR(IS) stabilizes, you'll get blurry shots. I had plenty of these when I first got my VR lens.

Most reactions

Back